|at ( view profile)|
|Location||1500 Indian Road, Mississauga, Ontario,, Canada|
|Date Posted||January 13, 2018|
Following the Mission and Values of Lorne Park Baptist Church, this position is accountable to Executive Council and is under the supervision of the Lead Pastor. This position is based on an average of 30 hours per week.
- Youth and Young Adult Ministries
- Lead and develop the weekly youth program.
- Provide pastoral care to meet the needs of youth and their families.
- Conduct outreach activities and special events
- Represent the needs of the youth and young adults in worship.
- Assist in the development, training and mentoring of youth
- Encourage youth participation in SPARC.
- Maintain connections with university students and young adults
- Worship Leadership
- Provide leadership to the worship team.
- Recruit and support lay leadership.
- Collaborate with Lead Pastor to plan weekly worship experience and other special services.
- In consultation with the Organist/Choir Director, plan and coordinate the music program.
- Ensure audio/visual requirements for worship services are covered.
- Manage equipment and music, including copyrights.
- Other duties
- Assist with preaching duties as coordinated by Lead Pastor.
- Develop a ministry plan in consultation with the Lead Pastor. Prepare a budget to support the ministry plan for presentation to Executive Council.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A mature faith in Jesus Christ and a commitment to serve him through the local church
- Undergraduate degree and proven experience leading church programs for teens and young adults
- Musical training. Vocal and instrumental abilities including ability to perform in public.
Assets (Non-essential qualifications)
- Theological training at the Master’s level (M.Div. or equivalent) from an accredited seminary
- Music training at the post-secondary level.
- Recognized ordination within CBOQ (or, ability to pursue accreditation in CBOQ).
- Good communication and administrative skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within the ministry team
- Ability to lead and inspire others
For further information please contact Bruce Preston at email@example.com or by telephoning 905-278-7833.
Please submit your Application to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before March 31, 2018.