|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Date Posted||January 3, 2018|
Job Title: Minister of Music (permanent, part-time)
Commencing: Spring of 2018
Primary Role: to creatively lead, oversee and grow the worship music ministry at Calvary Baptist Church.
Calvary Baptist Church is a mid-sized congregation in East Toronto affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec. Instruments include a Casavant organ, grand piano, SATB choir, and seasonal handbell choir. The congregation of ~ 100 people, with a Sunday attendance ~ 60, is culturally, socially and generationally diverse incorporating the best of the old and new musical expressions.
- Select music for the weekly blended-worship services
- Lead the congregation in hymns and contemporary music
- Conduct mid-week choir practices (# of times monthly to be determined)
- Encourage and develop the musical gifts within our congregation
- Coordinate the scheduling of our various musicians (instrumentalists, praise team, choir, sound technicians)
- Oversee the tuning and maintenance of the organ and piano
- A vibrant Christian faith
- Instrumental skill (organ, piano, guitar, etc)
- Good relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading the congregation in worship
- Experience and proficiency leading/directing a variety of musicians including choirs, praise teams and instrumentalists
- Toronto area resident
- 12 to 14 hours weekly
- Permanent, part-time contract
- Dependant on education and experience
For a more details see http://calvary-baptist-church.ca/ for the complete Job Description.
To apply please forward resume to email@example.com