|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 14, 2018|
1. that will invite young people into a dynamic and disciplined relationship with Jesus Christ;
2. that will promote, equip and integrate young people into the church family. Overview of Church and Community (recommended) Mississauga City Baptist Church is a community of believers who meet to glorify and enjoy our God, to reach out to all peoples for Jesus Christ, whatever the cost, leading to the transformation of our city.
Role and Responsibilities
1. Develop and oversee a youth ministry that includes:
▪ inspiring worship experiences through music and prayer.
▪ engaging and relevant bible study;
▪ small group environments for care and spiritual formation, and;
▪ social/recreational activities that promote safe and healthy relationships among the youth.
2. Provide pastoral care and mentoring for the youth,young adults and volunteers.
3. Oversee and provide support for children's ministries volunteers in the church.
4. Recruit and mentor student and adult leaders to assist in all areas of the youth ministry.
5. Provide counsel and encouragement to equip parents to teach and disciple their children.
6. Work with children’s ministry leaders to ensure an effective transition into the youth ministry extending from childhood to young adulthood.
7. Provide support and encouragement of young people in transitioning to other ministries.
8. Promote and prepare youth and young adults for mission and service opportunities within the church, the community , and the broader world.
9. Connect with other organizations working with young people, including local schools, sister churches, and denominational leaders.
10. Establish, oversee and budget for youth and children ministry activities.
11. Ensure that MCBC’s core values are reflected in all aspects of the youth ministry
12. Meet with the Council of Elders, to give and receive direction.
13. Meet with the MCBC staff on a weekly basis for prayer, encouragement and coordination of ministry activities.
1. Work with the pastoral team in other aspects of shared ministry, according to giftedness, including preaching and worship leadership.
2. Promote a mentoring culture that connects younger and older youth and links young people intergenerationally with adults in the congregation.
3. Encourage young adults to facilitate self-led groups.
4. Assist with administrative tasks when other members of the staff team are absent.
5. The ability to develop and adapt spiritual teaching methods working with students who may have a wide variety of mental, emotional, physical and learning disabilities.
Qualifications and Education Requirements 1. A personal commitment to Jesus Christ and His church.
2. A clear understanding of youth culture and sensitivity to a multicultural community.
3. A minimum of two years experience in Youth Ministry.
4. Theological education at an accredited Bible College or Seminary.
5. A minimum of level one credentials with CBOQ, or a willingness to attain such credentials.
6. Relational style of leadership and ministry
7. Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle.
8. Willingness to attain first aid. Preferred Skills ● Hard working.
● Flexibility in scheduling.
● Understanding and effective use of technology and social media.
● A team player.
● Strong organizational skills. Contact Information Please send resumes to Miriam Dyck, Chair of the search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be accepted until February 20th 2018.
Mississauga City Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request of candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.