|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 25, 2018|
The purpose of this position is to create and execute a long-term vision for youth ministry. This resource person will build our family program by developing comprehensive, well-balanced biblical instruction and programming from nursery, primary, elementary and teen levels. As well as recruiting and equipping program leaders, they will act as the lead teacher coordinating and providing teaching opportunities to other qualified adults. This person will be working in a multicultural environment and provide age-appropriate multicultural material.
Programming will initially build on existing Calvary programs that have been short-staffed or underutilized, then progress to developing new programs. Specifically, we will be seeking to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life through participation in prayers and reading, small groups, community service, etc. to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries, including music.
We are seeking a university graduate in studies in a related field, ideally a theological graduate or student capable of creating and executing a long-term vision for youth ministry.
Skills and experience
The candidate should have direct experience working in youth, family or outreach ministry.
- Spiritually mature individual
- Experience in developing and/or implementing youth and family related church programs
- Ability to connect with and relate to children and youth
- Ability to build relationships within the church, in the broader Christian community and the church neighborhood community
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with little supervision and multiple stakeholders
- Experience working in an environment with limited resources (creative)
- Experience and ability to work with volunteers of all ages
- Knowledge of Windows/MSWord/Outlook/Excel
- Ability to work with social media and related software an asset
- Interest in the arts (music, drama, movement, or visual arts) an asset