|at Bible League Canada|
|Date Posted||May 10, 2017|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Time Commitment: Full Time
Location: Canada – British Columbia
Start Date: Immediate
Overview of the Organization:
Bible League Canada is a Christian charitable organization providing Scripture placement and church planter training worldwide. The Area Director will be an individual who recognizes and has faithfully responded to God’s call to utilize God-given technical and interpersonal skills and personal attributes for God’s glory in the service of Bible League Canada’s Christian mission.
Reporting to the Director of Development, and working with the support of the Development Team Coach, the Area Director is responsible for the acquisition or re-acquisition of new or lapsed donors and the strengthening of relationships with major ($5,000 to $10,000 annually) and executive donors (over $10,000 annually) in British Columbia. The Area Director will manage his/her caseload with the understanding that ministry and prayer used in concert with a donor cultivation system are the foundations of relationship-building, donor acquisition/retention/growth and positive fund raising results. The Area Director must be comfortable with these foundational requirements. Though every donation, large or small, is important, the Area Director will focus on developing major/executive donor partners in the worldwide ministry of Bible League Canada.
The incumbent will be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and interacting with ministry partners, suppliers and donors effectively and diplomatically.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Strategic Planning and Goal Setting
- Annually preparing and submitting to the Director of Development, the assigned regional plan (Area Director’s Annual Strategic Plan), together with a detailed budget for achieving solid growth goals and measurable results.
- Ensuring that the Area Director’s Annual Strategic Plan and associated goals:
- Are aligned with the strategic plans and goals of both the Development Team and Bible League Canada to ensure “same-page” planning and thinking.
- Involve the use of a specific case load—agreed upon with the Director of Development—which contains potential new donors as well as existing donors for the purpose of retention and growth.
- Regularly reviewing the Area Director’s strategic plan and goals with the Director of Development.
- Periodically contributing to the integrated Ministry Advancement/Development/Communications Strategic Plans through participation in and preparation for planning meetings, which could include preparing selected reports on various initiatives and results.
Ongoing Donor and Prospect Care
- Fostering a climate in which major and executive donors are encouraged to be significant partners in the ministry.
- Continually working with the Director of Development to evaluate the Area Director’s active caseload.
- Developing specific initiatives designed for donor acquisition, former donor re-acquisition, and existing donor retention and growth. These initiatives may include:
- “Live” or electronic networking where Christians gather in an effort to further develop new or existing donor relationships/partnerships.
- Self-initiated networking events such as breakfasts, brunches, dinners, conferences or other like gatherings.
- Ongoing e-mail, and paper-based communications tools with an aim to achieving a minimum level of telephone and (ideally) face-to-face conversations.
- Project Summary, Proposal, Video and power point presentations.
- Speaking/preaching engagements.
- Other initiatives that may arise as new technological and donor access developments unfold.
- Supporting all donor and prospect care activity with ongoing research into the interests, capacity, partnership and donation history with Bible League Canada and/or other charitable institutions through our donor data base and other research tools and methods.
- Consistently promoting and reinforcing Bible League Canada’s brand.
Communication and Collaboration
- Faithfully and consistently entering and maintaining all donor contact and activity records on the donor data base system.
- Expense reporting to the Director of Development as needed.
- Ensuring that presentation materials such as project summaries, brochures and other tools are properly maintained and replenished, as required.
- Recording and regularly communicating to fellow Area Directors, the Director of Development and the rest of the Ministry Advancement, Development Team and/or Bible League Canada staff best practices and other key learnings pertinent to the Area Director’s responsibilities and to Bible League Canada, as appropriate.
- Supporting ministry-wide initiatives such as themed events, appeal campaigns and other integrated multi-media fundraisers or communication efforts as needed.
- Minimum college diploma with a University degree preferred, appropriate to the position.
- Completion of a Bible study program or courses are a definite asset.
- Completion of a sales training program is a definite asset.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a related ministry.
- Experience in a Christian not-for-profit organization in a related role.
- A proven track record in sales or donor development.
- Experience in preparing and implementing budgets and yearly plans including measurable goals and objectives.
- A proven track record in being able to work with minimal supervision and from a home office.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet research skills.
- Comfortable with donor data-base systems.
- Excellent verbal, telephone and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to see the “big picture”.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills.
Interpersonal Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Knowledge of and a passion for Bible League Canada and its work.
- Proven relationship-building, prospecting and networking skills.
- Comfortable in corporate settings and communicating and engaging effectively with senior executives, large business owners and people of high net worth.
- Strongly committed to confidentiality.
- Excellent donor service and interpersonal skills: experience interacting with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management and staff.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Very reliable, with the ability to take initiative, define problems and recommend/implement solutions.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines in a timely and efficient manner and work well in a busy environment.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to Bible League Canada’s faith and lifestyle policy documents.
- In fulfilling your responsibilities, you will be required to pray for and minister to people who contact Bible League Canada either in person, or by phone or other electronic communication. These ministry and prayer opportunities include but are not limited to reception/phone communication duties, order fulfillment, general inquiries, conferences and events and all fundraising activities.
- A love for Bible-based ministry in Canada and around the world.
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For further information about Bible League Canada, please visit our website at www.bibleleague.ca.
We would like to thank those who have applied, however, only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.