|at Trullsroadchurch.com (view profile)|
|Date Posted||August 25, 2017|
|Category|| Pastor |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Associate Pastor Job Description
Trulls Road Free Methodist Church – July 2017
Title: Associate Pastor: Next Generations and Worship Arts
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Hours: 40 hrs. per week including Sunday
Trulls Road Church is building a dynamic team to lead our church family in growing deep in our faith and taking responsibility for the community around us. We are looking to add an energetic, creative and godly leader to our staff to give special attention to the younger generations and worship arts ministry. The successful candidate will love people, live out the gospel in their daily life and have a track record of inspiring leadership. Our priority is finding a person who is gifted in and called to pastoral ministry. Our desire is to hire someone who is open to their role adapting as the church continues to grow.
The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Biblical/Theological Institute with two or more years of pastoral experience as a successful leader in the church. If the candidate is not currently a pastor in the Free Methodist Church in Canada, the candidate must be willing to go through the appropriate process.
The preferred candidate will have a gifting and aptitude in youth culture and proficiency in the worship arts ministry. Communication and organizational skills, and familiarity in recruiting, leading, motivating and coordinating volunteers are necessary attributes for this position.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Next Generations: Youth, Children and Young Adults
- To cast a church-wide vision for the Youth Ministry
- To provide leadership to all areas of the Youth Ministry from Grades 6 to 12; including ministries to our church family and our surrounding communities (Sunday School, midweek program, missional opportunities, retreats, youth events and Jr. High VBS)
- To recruit, equip and train adult and student volunteer leaders who will work together in a team approach
- To give oversight to hiring and supervising summer students
- To develop and implement a discipleship program for Youth
- To provide training experiences for youth and youth leaders (Today’s Teen Conference, CHANGE Conference, etc)
- To work with the Children’s Ministry Director to establish an intentional transition plan from Children’s Ministry to Youth Ministry
- To work with TRFMC Ministry Leaders to include our youth in active participation and service in the body of Christ
- To effectively communicate a calendar of events, weekly reminders and organizational details with youth, youth leaders, parents, church leadership and the local population by utilizing appropriate social media platforms
- To coordinate with the Director of Children’s Ministry around events and programs
- To be a member of the Plan to Protect Team and ensure that training and procedures for all youth ministry workers and volunteers occurs
- To propose and administrate the Youth Ministry budget
- To initiate a check-in process using Planning Centre for Sunday School, Midweek programs and events
CHILDREN AND YOUNG ADULTS
- To serve as the Direct Report for our Children and Young Adult Ministry Leaders
- To mentor and encourage the Children and Young Adult Ministry Leaders
- To advise and support the Children’s Ministry Team and the Young Adult Ministry Team
- To represent the Children and Young Adult Ministries to TRFMC Leadership
- To help manage feedback regarding Next Generations Ministries
- Worship Arts
- To be a member of the Worship Leadership Team and attend the WLT meetings.
- To specifically help plan services weekly which includes the proposed songs, drama, special features, guests etc., in coordination with the Lead Pastor.
- To help plan the worship elements of special and seasonal events
SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP
- To be involved on the worship team on a consistent basis.
- To ensure weekly practices are held and teams are well prepared to serve by assisting with such aspects as:
- new song selection and introduction
- charts and key selection
- arrangements and transitions
- To continue to utilize Planning Center Online as a tool for scheduling vocalists, musicians, and tech personnel.
- To incorporate additional options available on Planning Centre Online.
RECRUITING AND EQUIPPING
- To encourage new participants to be involved in Worship Arts on Sunday mornings.
- To equip our leaders and enhance the musical effort of all worship team members.
- To provide training and development opportunities for all worship team members.
REPORTS AND RECORDS
- To help receive and manage feedback regarding the Worship Arts Ministry
- To give oversight to the Worship Arts ministry documentation and records
- To help propose and manage the Worship Arts Budget (including long range planning)
- Additional Responsibilities
- To regularly participate in the preaching schedule
- To participate in the Performance Plan and Appraisal Reviews
- To attend required FMCiC events (network meetings, regional gatherings, general conference, minister’s conference)
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor