|at Bethany Evangelical Missionary Church (view profile)|
|Date Posted||April 19, 2017|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Ministry Description: We seek a servant leader and team player who loves to teach, coach, and mentor people to fulfill God’s missional purposes in their lives. The associate pastor will provide oversight for Bethany’s Youth and Young Adult Ministries (50%) and Adult Ministries (40%) with the remaining time allocated to other duties and staff responsibilities (10%). We seek an individual who fosters creativity and innovation, inspires action, and develops disciples and leaders across all generations, particularly among our youth.
- Collaborate with Lead Pastor to ensure disciple-making and leadership development are a strong ministry focus at Bethany.
- Give oversight to, and lead the monthly Young Adult Ministry.
- Lead weekly Youth Ministry.
- Coach and mentor youth and young adult leaders as they help run weekly relationship-building programs and activities.
- Facilitate Youth and Young Adult Leadership Teams to develop long-term vision, purpose, mission, goals, and activities related to their ministries.
- Lead the small groups ministry (LIFE Groups) serving as head coach to our small group leaders.
- Provide spiritual counseling as required.
- Liaise with Deacons Team to facilitate our Benevolence Ministry, Christmas Hampers and connection with Homeless Ministry.
- Serve as first contact with newcomers to Bethany.
- Oversee Men and Women’s Ministry.
- Lead the Bethany Membership class.
- Collaborate with Deacons to assist with communion and baptism teams.
- Preach and participate in the worship services as requested.
- Participate in weddings and funerals as requested.
- Engage with and help build our staff team. Participate in weekly staff activities.
- Join and assist in specific community outreach events as needed
- Set annual budget for ministries under their leadership or work with ministry leaders to establish annual budgets as applicable.
- Passionate about Jesus Christ
- Possesses godly character and calling, maintains an exemplary devotional life and Christian walk, and is capable to become a respected leader within the congregation.
- Strengths, skills, personality, and style that complement those on our team.
- Teachable, willing to accept feedback, with a strong desire to grow and help others grow.
- Personally organized, self-managing and responsible.
- Has completed a degree from a reputable Bible College or Seminary.
- Willing and qualified to be licensed with the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada.
- Proven experience in leading youth and young adults in the study and application of the Bible, Christian theology, spiritual practice and missional outlook.
- Proven capability to relate pastorally to all generations in the congregation.
- Experienced in building and inspiring collaborative teams that include others in decision-making.
- Solid ability to train, encourage, empower and supervise volunteers in ministry.
- Strong personal comfort and stage presence in front of people.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Mac computers.
- Reports to: Lead Pastor
- Reports from: Leaders of Youth Ministry, Young Adult Ministry, Small Groups Ministries, other leaders in the Adult Ministry Areas as assigned
- Works closely with: Pastoral Team, Deacons Team
Established by Ministry Council.
Full-time hours (44 hours per week), including Sunday service responsibilities and evening meetings/activities.
- Ministers in keeping with the vision, mission, values of Bethany Evangelical Missionary Church.
- Is called in accordance with the bylaws and constitution of the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada and of Bethany Evangelical Missionary Church.
- Leadership at Bethany Evangelical Missionary Church reserves the right to shift responsibilities and duties to adapt to operational needs. All employees of Bethany Evangelical Missionary Church are required to read and understand the policies and procedures regarding employees and the terms and conditions of employment.
- Appointment: Recommended by the Search Committee and Lead Pastor to the Ministry Council. Final decision to hire rests with Ministry Council.