|at Ontario Pioneer Camp (view profile)|
|Location||Port Sydney, ON, Canada|
|Date Posted||May 5, 2017|
|Category|| Volunteer |
|Job Type|| Intership |
Ontario Pioneer Camp (OPC), located in Muskoka Ontario, is seeking to fill several summer Chalet Leader positions. OPC is owned and operated by Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship, and has been in operation since 1929. The purpose of this position is to care for and disciple campers. Chalet leaders are responsible for a small group of campers on a day to day basis. In addition to teaching activities, they also participate in program alongside campers. This person will be expected to provide excellent care for the campers, in a manner that is consistent with the values and standards of Ontario Pioneer Camp and Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship.
The ideal applicant for this position will possess the following qualifications:
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to grow as a follower of Christ.
- Exemplifies servant leadership and a genuine love for the Lord, and is a role model for campers.
- Enthusiastic, energetic team player who enjoys working with children and youth.
- Ability to positively influence, and instruct children and youth spiritually, emotionally and socially.
- Ability to sustain the physical demands of an outdoor overnight camp setting.
- Minimum 17 years old.
- Maturity in accepting responsibility, and ability to submit to those in authority.
- Knowledge and experience in camping ministries.
This is a volunteer position which includes an honorarium. There is also an opportunity to raise funds through our summer missions program.
Interested applicants are invited to apply online at www.pioneercamp.ca
Closing Date: Job will remain posted until the position has been filled.
Employment is conditional upon a clear police reference check. The successful candidate must be able to submit to Inter-Varsity’s Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith Agreement.