|at OCC: orillia community church (view profile)|
|Location||orillia, on, Canada|
|Date Posted||June 14, 2017|
|Category|| Pastor |
|Job Type|| Part-time |
Start date: Fall 2017
Part time: Planning for up to 30 hours / week
Education: Preferably some Bible college / seminary
Experience: n/a year
Competencies, Gifting and Qualifications
- Loves children and youth and spending time with them
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player (nurtures consensus and collaborates with others)
- Excels at ministry innovation and implementation (events, initiatives, programs)
- Skilled at nudging others from spiritual indifference to personal faith in Jesus
- To minister to the children and youth of OCC, connecting with their families and friends:
- to help them take the next steps on their spiritual journey: begin, belong and become;
- to help children and youth realize their full identity and potential in Christ;
- to mentor leaders and potential leaders toward the use of their gifts and abilities to serve God and others;
- work with our existing volunteer leadership team, developing, resourcing and adding others;
- passionate about and relate well to youth; understanding their culture and how to cultivate an atmosphere of inclusiveness;
- provide opportunities for youth to explore and discover the best life possible in God;
- provide connection points to help all youth within the influence of OCC to grow in faith and in community; and,
- help to prepare youth as they transition into early adulthood.
- Build relationships with children, youth and their parents.
- Build and develop a passionate voluntary leadership team.
- Enlist the prayer support and active involvement of parents when appropriate.
- Encourage, communicate to and resource parents.
- Minister to Youth to help them take the next step
to begin the adventure of a relationship with Jesus Christ,
to belong to an authentic community of faith, and,
to become fully committed followers of Christ.
- Provide opportunities for worship, discipleship, fellowship, service and mission..
- Provide small group environments where youth can ask questions, share, learn and grow in their faith journey.
- Resource and provide a biblically based and relevant curriculum of teaching for children and youth.
- Organize fun environments and events where youth can be themselves, enjoy life together and learn to invite and include friends.
- Help ensure transitions from the OCCKids Ministry to OCCYouth Ministry are as smooth as possible and that all are helped to take the next significant step.
- Encourage children and youth to see themselves as part of the whole church family life and develop inter-generational connections.
- Develop opportunities for children and youth to use their gifts and abilities to serve God.
- Send your resume and any other beneficial information to email@example.com.
- Please include the words “Children, Youth & Family Ministry” in the subject line. Thank you and God bless you as you prayerfully consider this ministry.
We thank all applicants for their interest but regret that we can send replies only to those being considered for this position.