|at Highland Baptist Church|
|Date Posted||May 8, 2017|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Part-time |
Employment Opportunity: 2017 Community Outreach Coordinator
Highland Baptist Church is hiring a student this summer whose main responsibilities will be in children’s ministry and summer programming. Main areas of responsibilities will include:
FunDay Summer Day Camp
Coordinate a week-long, children’s summer program, for children in our community by:
- Planning, developing, leading and implementing the camp (July 24 – July 28)
- Recruiting volunteers and advertising for the event
Annual Kids Summer Day Camp
Assist with a free, week-long, children’s summer program, for children in our community by:
- Being a member of the summer camp planning team
- Assisting with planning, programming, volunteer recruitment, training, and advertising
- Being a program leader at the summer camp, including leading music and drama (August 21 – August 25)
Community Events for Families
Coordinate 2 movie nights for families in our community by:
- Planning and implementing the events
- Recruiting volunteers and advertising for the events
Weekly Children’s Program
Assist with our weekly, Sunday morning children’s program by:
- Providing programming and administrative support for the program
- Teaching and assisting children in the program
Summer Youth Programs
Assist and/or lead a few summer youth activities by:
- Assisting with planning weekly or monthly youth events
- Taking part in youth activities approximately one weeknight per week
- Providing leadership and assistance to a week-long local youth service project
- Fostering relationships and community connections with youth
Special Events: Other Possible Events/Responsibilities
Assist with the following events and groups for our church and local community, as needed:
- Multicultural Group Socials
- Children’s Clothing Distribution
- Community Festivals
Assist with occasional administrative duties such as answering phones, responding to e-mails, promoting events, etc. in order to ensure that the above responsibilities are effectively carried out.
- Applicants must have been enrolled in full time studies during the 2016/2017 school year and must be enrolled for full time post-secondary studies for the 2017/2018 school year.
- Applicants must be under 30 years of age.
- This is a ten week, thirty hour/week position, which will run from June 19 – August 26.
- The hourly rate is $14.00.
- The position will be supervised by the Associate Pastor of Children’s Ministries & Congregational Life.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to Amanda McCulloch at firstname.lastname@example.org
The final day to submit your resume is Friday, May 26.
Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all those who are interested in applying for this position.
Highland Baptist Church: 135 Highland Rd W, Kitchener, ON, N2M 3B9