|at St. Clement's Church, Toronto (view profile)|
|Date Posted||September 14, 2017|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
St. Clement’s is a growing church in North Toronto, where a diverse group of people is learning how to follow Jesus Christ.
We are currently seeking a Director of Parish Operations. This full-time position reports to the Rector and to the Churchwardens of St. Clement’s Church.
Compensation package: Competitive Salary, Pension and Benefits.
Hours: 8-hour day/40-hour week, with monthly evening meetings.
Applicants are asked to provide a covering letter and resume to the Rector at HR@stclements-church.org.
Applicants are encouraged to apply before September 28, 2017.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Purpose of the Position:
The primary role of the Director of Parish Operations (Director) is to carry out administrative duties and activities associated with the efficient and effective administration of the Parish office and the Parish’s facilities in consultation and collaboration with the Rector and the two senior Churchwardens. This position involves overseeing and implementing administrative procedures and process improvements, and establishing work priorities for self and +/- 5 Staff members in consultation with the Rector and Churchwardens; also, some volunteer management and co-ordination will be involved. The person in this administrative role will demonstrate leadership by understanding, adhering to, and being responsible for the successful implementation of all Government, Diocesan and Parish Policies and Practices within the Parish. Further, the Director will act professionally at all times and in the best interest of the Church and the Parish.
Financial Management; Property Management; Office Management; Human Resources; and Marketing & Communications.
University degree or College diploma in a relevant discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience, is required. Business administration an asset.
Competencies (Skills and Knowledge) & Attributes
- Knowledge of Anglican polity (Anglican Church Organization) and the Parish an asset
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience as an Office Administrator in a supervisory capacity (ideally not-for-profit
- Experience working with and managing volunteers an asset
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple and frequently competing priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately with discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to lead and support a diverse paid staff
- Ability to co-ordinate and manage volunteers
- Highly proficient in a variety of computer applications, e.g. Microsoft Office (church software an asset
- Financial accounting or bookkeeping experience
- Organizing and managing diverse range of assignments and projects
- Communicator – verbally and in writing
- Attributes: Results-oriented; Thorough; Analytical; Relationship Builder; Adaptable