|at Bible League Canada|
|Date Posted||May 12, 2017|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Time Commitment: Full-Time
Duration: 6-month Contract (possibility for extension)
Overview of the Organization:
Bible League Canada is a Christian charitable organization providing Scripture placement and church planter training worldwide. The Donor Relations Telecommunication Associate will be an individual who recognizes and has faithfully responded to God’s call to utilize God-given skills and personal attributes for God’s glory and in the service of Bible League Canada’s Christian mission.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Donor Relations Telecommunication Associate will play a primary role in the ministry’s telephone strategy as part of our Donor Cultivation framework. Working on site at Bible League Canada’s Grimsby office, the incumbent will contact identified donors for the purpose of re-engaging/engaging and cultivating their relationship with BLC. In pursuit of service excellence, the incumbent will ensure that every person contacted feels appreciated and that their support is valued and is producing results. The incumbent should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and interacting with donors effectively and diplomatically.
- Utilizing a provided script, telephone lapsed and inactive donors and thank them for past support. This will include:
- Reporting on ministry impact.
- Promoting/Inviting Caseload Donors to participate in special campaigns and appeals such as the BLC Day of Prayer, Match Campaigns and Cornerstone Monthly Program.
- Correspondence with Donors via e-mail, notes, cards and letters when needed.
- Recording all inbound/outbound donor call activity into the database.
- Respond to all Donor removal requests when needed by follow-up via call/e-mail in hopes to keep donors engaged
- Pray for Donor’s requests, prayer needs.
- Enter ALL activity/changes into data management system.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience and a proven track record in sales, service, or donor development.
- Telecommunication experience is a definite asset.
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization would be an asset but not essential.
Education must include at least some College level courses appropriate to the position. Sales and relational customer service training are a definite asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- The ability to elicit information through skilled questioning/interviewing (training and scripts will be provided at first); the ability to promote and persuade
- Ability to network, team-build and relate interpersonally as opportunities afford
- Ability to “think on one’s feet” and deal with challenging donor conversations
- Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to see the “big picture”.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills.
Interpersonal Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Knowledge of and a passion for BLC and its work.
- Strongly committed to confidentiality.
- Excellent service and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management and staff, inside and outside the organization.
A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Very reliable, with the ability to take the initiative, problem-solve & implement solutions.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing conditions, work assignments and team mates,
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines in a timely and efficient manner and work well in a busy environment.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the organization’s faith and lifestyle policy documents.
- A love for Bible-based ministry.
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity.
Please send resumes to: