|at Bible League Canada|
|Date Posted||May 5, 2017|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Target Start Date: September 5, 2017
Time Commitment: Full-time
Duration: 1 Year Contract
Location: Grimsby, Ontario
Overview of the Organization:
Bible League Canada (BLC) is a Christian charitable organization providing Scripture placement and church planter training worldwide so that people prepared by the Holy Spirit will be brought into relationship with Christ and His church. Our work is based on the conviction that the world needs the living word of God more than anything else. We are in need of an Executive Assistant to cover a 1-year maternity leave beginning September 5, 2017. The Executive Assistant will be an individual who recognizes and has faithfully responded to God’s call to utilize God-given technical and interpersonal skills and personal attributes for God’s glory and in the service of BLC’s Christian mission.
Executive Assistant Responsibilities:
The incumbent should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, dealing with a wide variety of work and interacting with ministry partners and donors effectively and diplomatically. Specific responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Vice President in all administrative functions including monitoring and recording expense accounts, budget tracking, scheduling meetings, preparing and managing correspondence, collecting reports from various staff members, arranging travel, and maintaining files and office organization.
- Project and Event Management including coordination and oversight of the strategic planning and budgeting process, the planning and implementation of staff retreats, and the annual employee review process.
- Coordinating team, team leader, executive and external party meetings including schedules, locations, agendas, recording/distributing minutes, room set-up as well as preparation of status reports, presentation materials and hand-outs.
- Serving as a contact person for selected consultants and ministry partners.
- Responding to requests from all staff and external parties which may include (but not limited to) assisting in activities associated with event management, ministry and meeting facilitation.
Education must include at least a college diploma, undergraduate degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant.
- Experience within a research or accounting team are definite assets.
- Experience coordinating senior management level meetings.
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization is preferred but not essential.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills in Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word, and internet research. Certification in these areas is preferred.
- Comfortable with technological change.
- Basic programming knowledge (html, excel, SQL) is an asset.
- Experience with a donor management system is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to see the “big picture”.
- Intermediate/Advanced organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent event planning skills.
Interpersonal Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Knowledge of and a passion for Bible League Canada and its work.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and work well in a busy environment.
- An active listener, able to absorb and organize large volumes of information quickly and accurately.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing conditions, work assignments and team mates.
- Very reliable, with the ability to take the initiative, problem-solve & implement solutions.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently as needed.
- A dedicated team player: Enjoys working with others in team settings to solve problems and has a proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management and staff, inside and outside the organization.
- Excellent donor service and interpersonal skills: experience interacting with people from diverse cultures, backgrounds and work styles.
- Able to handle confidential information.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the Bible League Canada’s faith and lifestyle policy documents.
- In fulfilling your responsibilities, you will be required to pray for and minister to people who contact the Bible League either in person, or by phone or other electronic communication. These ministry and prayer opportunities include but are not limited to reception/phone communication duties, order fulfillment, general inquiries, conferences and events and all fundraising activities.
- A love for Bible-based ministry in Canada and around the world.
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For further information about Bible League Canada, please visit our website at www.bibleleague.ca.
Please submit your cover letter and resume or inquiries to email@example.com. BLC would like to thank those who have applied, however, only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.