|at Michael House Pregnancy Care Centre (view profile)|
|Date Posted||September 5, 2017|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Michael House Pregnancy and Parenting Support Services is a Guelph community success story. Open since 2003, we have made a difference in the lives of more than 300 pregnant and parenting women and their children through our Residential Program, Aftercare and Drop-in Programs, and our recently added Supportive Housing Program.
As the new Executive Director, you will lead the team of staff and volunteers for this community-wide Christian-based organization, and champion its mission and values as the “public face” of the agency.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Participating with the Board of Directors to develop a vision and strategic plan
- Overseeing and developing operational capabilities and supporting policies and procedures
- Developing and managing the budget
- Establishing new fund development initiatives to ensure financial growth and sustainability
- Using external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
- Deepening all aspects of communications; cultivating relationships with current funders
- Overseeing the management, hiring and development of staff and volunteers
- Assuring high quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Overseeing the management and maintenance of the premises
- Active participation and engagement with Board of Directors; active member of committees
Your Qualifications will include:
- A university degree in a related field e.g. Business, Social Services
- Five years of progressive experience in management of not-for-profits
- Training and experience in supporting women
- An understanding of infant development and attachment
- Experience with mental health and addiction issues would be an asset
- Knowledge of all federal and provincial legislation applicable to Not-for-Profit organizations
You are a high energy people person who gets things done by building relationships. You have strong written and verbal communication skills, as a persuasive and passionate communicator. You are thoroughly committed to our vision to create a nurturing community caring for the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of those we serve.
Application deadline: October 15, 2017. Please submit applications by email to: email@example.com Attn: Ms. Wendy Clayson, Hiring Committee Chair.