|at St. Andrew's Chalmers Presbyterian Church (view profile)|
|Location||Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada|
|Date Posted||April 21, 2017|
|Category|| Pastor |
|Job Type|| Part-time |
Family Ministries Coordinator Position: Half-Time 20 hours/week
St. Andrew’s-Chalmers Presbyterian Church in Uxbridge is seeking someone to serve as a Family Ministries Coordinator on a half-time basis (20 hours per week which would include Sunday morning worship). See below position description.
This is a one year contract with the strong potential for renewal.
Interested candidates should submit their applications electronically to the church and include Family Ministries Coordinator in the subject line. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
FAMILY MINISTRIES COORDINATOR POSITION
St. Andrew’s-Chalmers Presbyterian Church in Uxbridge ON is seeking a Family Ministries Coordinator for a one year contract from May 2017 to April 31, 2018, with strong potential for renewal. This is a new position and requires someone with enthusiasm and initiative for helping to strategize a ministry to families. The position would engage all ages in the congregation, with an emphasis on engaging children and youth through the encouraging of parents and grandparents to engage the spiritual development of their kids and grandkids. The person in this position will lead and develop a program for family ministries within the congregation, including Christian education, outreach and intergenerational events.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Pastor on a day to day basis. The successful candidate will be accountable to the Session through the Pastor.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Help to develop strategies for the spiritual development of children, youth, parents and grandparents
- Inspire children and youth through Bible teaching and interactive means during the Sunday morning program
- Create a community environment among families and develop community activities for families
- Create fun opportunities for children, families and the congregation to connect
- Help Create opportunities for all ages in the congregation to reach-out to its surrounding community
- Plan, implement and host intergenerational events within the congregation
- Work collegially with staff and volunteers of St. Andrew’s-Chalmers Presbyterian Church in order to help the congregation reach its goals and mission
The successful candidate will:
- Exhibit a passion and commitment to serve Christ, teach from the Bible and have an understanding of the theology and ethos of The Presbyterian Church in Canada
- Demonstrate experience in the church, preferably in a leadership role working with children and youth
- Possess strong leadership and communication skills
- Demonstrate initiative, innovation and a positive attitude
- Possess the ability to work collegially with both staff and volunteers, demonstrating a respect for volunteers
- Be required to work 20 hours per week in the congregation, including Sunday morning worship
- Some theological education or courses would be an asset
The remuneration for this contract position is $20,000. Deductions for income tax, CPP and Employment Insurance will be deducted at source as required by law. Vacation allowance is 4% of the total contract amount, payable at the end of the contract or two weeks vacation in lieu of payment.