|at Waverley Road Baptist Church (view profile)|
|Location||The Beach, Toronto, Canada|
|Date Posted||September 6, 2017|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Part-time |
Status: Paid Part Time, 20 hours weekly, additional hours for Kids Camp, Interim Position to cover Maternity Leave for our Children's Ministries Director
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Purpose: To oversee Children's Ministries at WRBC
Timeframe: Starting in October 2017, ending at the completion of the Children's Ministry Director's Maternity Leave (estimated 12 months)
WRBC is seeking an individual to lead our children's ministries in support of our outwardly-focused vision in The Beach neighbourhood of Toronto.
Specific Duties: Oversee Sunday Children's Ministries
- Provide weekly children's program at the same time as our Sunday Service, working with volunteer children's ministries workers
- Prepare a weekly Sunday Service children's time prior to their dismissal in coordination with the Worship Arts Director
- Train and assist youth-aged Jr. Leaders
Oversee and coordinate the children's ministries team
- Recruit, coordinate and train children's workers
- Ensure workers are properly screened and familiar with Waverley's child protection policies
Oversee Youth Program
- Lead and coordinate a small, growing youth program
Oversee Summer Kids Camp (Dates TBD in 2018)
- Lead and coordinate staff, resources, schedule and budget
Administration of Children's Ministries
- Oversee children's ministries curriculum, resources, files, procedures and budget
- Provide a safe and clean environment for children
- Maintain accurate records relating to Children's Ministries
Leadership Ability Able to recruit and lead staff, to lead weekly ministries, and to lead kids camp.
Biblically Grounded Able to choose curriculum, songs, lessons and teachings that are faithful to the teaching of the Bible.
Good with Children Good at relating to children
People Skills Effective at interacting with staff, parents and church attenders
Passion for Children's Spiritual Growth Must have a heart for seeing children trust in Jesus and grow in their walk with him
Organized Able to coordinate people, plans, resources, and meetings
Other Requirements: Must be in agreement with WRBC's Statement of Faith, Vision and Staff Lifestyle Policy.
Please send inquiries and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information call 416-694-3054.
Applications will be accepted until the role is filled.
Our Vision is to be: A growing, prevailing church of hundreds of people in loving relationship with God and each other, making disciples of Jesus Christ in The Beach, Toronto and beyond.