|at LifeBridge Community Church|
|Date Posted||March 27, 2017|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Freelance |
LifeBridge Pastor Job Description (LifeBridge.ca)
LifeBridge Community Church operates under the umbrella of the Baptist General Conference of Canada.
It is a church with a unique vision and strategy for fulfilling the great commission. We believe in being extremely intentional and strategic with regard to discipleship and mission.
We have developed a four year discipleship process (Next Steps Series) to help people grow from being a skeptic, to becoming a kingdom influencer in the world. Alongside our discipleship process we also employ missional, small communities (Community Groups) to help people team together for support, equipping and reaching those who do not yet know Jesus Christ.
Our vision is to see multiple church plants developed in the Halifax Regional Municipality, that network together to accomplish greater kingdom impact. Each church would have its own unique flavor and style, yet at the same time team with other LifeBridge church plants in areas of training/equipping, vision casting, global and local missions, pastor accountability, etc.
The pastors would come together weekly to form a team which would facilitate the functioning of this family of churches. In other words, though you are responsible for your church and staff, you are not alone. There would be a growing team of pastors to support, equip and encourage you.
We currently have the one site (LifeBridge) and are strategizing future sites in the area. This pastoral position at LifeBridge would play a key role in helping us transition into the next phase of our vision by freeing our current pastor to initiate the church plants.
The person would be responsible to work with Pastor Rob Laidlaw during a short transition period, to oversee the community and ministries of LifeBridge, until such a time when Pastor Rob would launch a new church plant in the area. At that time this pastoral position would become fully responsible for the ministry of LifeBridge. Together, they would develop the church networking portion of the vision (training, mission, outreach, support etc.)
Standard responsibilities for a pastor in any church
- Ministry Leadership support:
Regular contact with and encouragement of leaders
Help leaders strategize and accomplish their goals
Provide equipping and training as needed
- Plan worship/sermon themes
- Preach and develop new preachers
- Oversee encouragement and equipping of volunteers (We currently use the Network curriculum)
- Oversee pastoral care ministries (We currently use the Stephen Ministry lay-ministry model)
- Oversee the building of a sense of community within the church
- Oversee the discipleship process – 4 year process (see our curriculum at strategicdiscipleship.ca)
- Oversee the Community Groups – missional small groups
- Administrative oversight of the church
- Hire and oversee ministry support staff
JOINT MINISTRY TEAM
This is a joint ministry focus along with Pastor Rob of overseeing a growing collective of churches.
Together they would oversee the overall strategy and development of the broader ministry
- Training and developing preachers within the congregations
- Discipleship and Missional Small Group training and developing resources
- Help strategize and develop Marriage/Parenting Ministries
- Mission Strategy (Poverty-Honduras/ Unreached Peoples/ Bible Translation/Local etc.)
- Develop ongoing church planting strategy
Applicant may send resumes to Rob Laidlaw: firstname.lastname@example.org 64 Valkyrie Cr., Dartmouth, NS, B2W 5B6 (902) 223-1636