|at Open Arms Mission (view profile)|
|Date Posted||August 26, 2017|
|Category|| Pastor |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Open Arms Mission is a Christian organization, called to be faithful stewards of God’s resources to demonstrate value and dignity while assisting those living in economic, social and spiritual poverty. As a parachurch ministry, we partner across denominations to demonstrate God’s love, mercy, peace and justice as an extension of the church.
Open Arms Mission began 30 years ago as a small food bank and has now grown into a multifaceted ministry with three divisions; the Mission Centre, Redeemed Goods and Ministry Campus.
The Mission Centre Manager/Pastor role is an exciting opportunity to connect with our community practically and in a very spiritually meaningful way. The responsibilities of this role are diverse and offer the successful candidate the opportunity to serve God while developing a broad skill base.
Areas of responsibility include;
· Recruit; Train; Supervise; Encourage; and Appreciate volunteers
· Maintaining sufficient volunteer coverage and supplies to ensure the efficient operation of the Mission Centre
Mission Centre Management:
· Ensure smooth operation of the Food Bank by keeping ensuring the facilities are clean and organized, oversee logistics such as pickups and deliveries
· Coordinate Saturday hot lunch program including scheduling, supervision, adherence to food handling & safety guidelines
· Plan for and ensure the upkeep and maintenance of the 22 Fifth Street Facility and property
· Plan for and ensure the upkeep and maintenance of the 20 Fifth Street rental property
· Represent Open Arms Mission in media coverages/ interviews
· Write monthly reports for the CEO and Board
· Participate as an integral part of the management team led by the CEO for budget setting, vision casting and overall coordination of the entire ministry
· Develop meaningful, trusting relationships with clients
· Share the Gospel message with clients and volunteers
· Be discerning and willing to take time to pray for and with those in need
· Be an advocate for clients, connecting them with other community resources
· Lead morning drop in and Saturday lunch devotions
· Be on the leadership team of the Redeemed Lives program on Wednesday evenings.
· Write monthly devotionals for use in Food Bank
· Develop community outreach initiatives, Bible studies or programs
· Connect people to local churches
· Speak about the work of Open Arms at church services and community events
· Be available for clients for hospital visitation, weddings and funerals.
As this is a ministry position, there may be other duties that arise from time to time as needed/required.
This is a full-time position, Tues – Fri 8:30-4:30; Wed 5-9 and Sat 10-2.
· A love for Jesus Christ, His Gospel and His creation
· Experience in similar ministry or outreach
· A current member of a local congregation
· Have a clean driving record for use of our vehicle fleet
· Able to lift 35lbs on a daily basis
· Licenced or ordained is preferred
· A hard working, committed, team player with a servant’s heart
· Have or willing to obtain a Safe Food Handling Certificate and Emergency First Aid Certificate.
· An interest in food, cooking, and eating on a budget.
· Ability to inspire, motivate and appreciate volunteers for the gifts they bring
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse groups such as seniors and clients struggling with mental health and addiction issues
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent follow through, attention to detail, organizational and administrative skills
· Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
· Willingness to work and live within the values of Open Arms Mission
· Able to represent Open Arms Mission well at work and in the community