|at Lincoln Road Chapel (view profile)|
|Date Posted||May 29, 2017|
|Category|| Pastor |
|Job Type|| Part-time |
Lincoln Road Chapel (LRC) is a Christian church with English and Mandarin congregations located in Waterloo Ontario and is a member of the Vision Ministries Canada association of churches. At LRC our mission is to Love God, Serve People and Make Disciples who will continue Jesus’ mission. Our vision is to be a thriving community of Christ-followers for the growth of the Kingdom of God in Waterloo region and around the world. www.lrc.church
We seek a part-time Pastor of Children and Family Ministry to oversee all aspects of ministry to children from birth to grade 5. This leader will work in partnership with the Pastor of Student and Family Ministry.
Job Title: Pastor of Children and Family Ministry
Reports to: Executive Pastor with regular updates to the Leadership Team (Elders)
Classification: Part-time; 1 year contract with option to renew; 30 hours per week; probationary period required
Remuneration: Salary/benefits established by Leadership Team and reviewed annually
Note: a complete list of job duties may be found on the job descriptions located at www.lrc.church
Vision and Development
- Develop and oversee a unified vision for spiritual development from birth to young adults
- Develop a strategy to include children and families in community outreach
- Facilitate cross-generational community between children, students and adults
- Integrate Children’s Ministry initiatives within other ministry areas
- Program and execute all Sunday morning programming for infants to Gr.5
- Minister to the children and families of LRC
- Train, mentor and develop leaders from both English and Mandarin congregations
- Equip and encourage parents to lead within the home (classes, events, resources)
- Manage budget, attendance database and compliance to Plan to Protect Guidelines
- Adhere to the policy and procedures of LRC and agree with LRC’s Core Values and Beliefs
- A deep love for Jesus Christ and His people
- A faithful commitment to prayer and the Word of God
- A disciplined work ethic that thrives in a team based environment
- A person of integrity who has a good reputation with those inside and outside the church
- A self manager for personal spiritual growth and ministry objectives
- A self awareness that leads to building teams that will compliment his/her gifts
- Theological Training preferred (Bachelors Degree or equivalent)
- Minimum three years experience in pastoral/ministry leadership role
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient computer and technology skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability and passion to lead children and families
- Ability to connect relationally with parents, children and staff
- Proven ability to effectively build and lead teams
- Cross cultural sensitivity and experience
This position requires manual dexterity to perform a variety of routine physical activities (i.e. standing, sitting, walking and light lifting, participating in activities with children).
Hours for this position (30 in total) include Sunday morning with remaining hours to be fulfilled at the church during regular office hours (Monday to Friday).
Visit www.lrc.church to view Job Descriptions for both positions.
Send cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Lincoln Road Chapel
145 Lincoln Road
Waterloo, ON N2J 2N8
Application Deadline: May 31, 2017
Lincoln Road Chapel welcomes and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.