|at Summit Drive Baptist Church (view profile)|
|Date Posted||March 31, 2017|
|Category|| Pastor |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Summit Drive Church, Kamloops, BC
Pastor of Children & Family Ministries
Summit Drive is a diverse, dynamic, community-minded congregation who feel called to bring God glory by developing caring, passionate followers of Jesus Christ. We believe that God is on mission and that he is calling his people to participate in mission within our city and beyond. Summit Drive is located in the beautiful city of Kamloops, British Columbia, where it was planted in 1981, and is associated with the North American Baptist Conference. The staff team includes four full-time pastoral staff, three part time administrative staff and two ministry internship programs with various numbers of interns (One is geared to summer students, and the other to help prepare those who feel called to full-time vocational ministry). Summit is a mid-sized congregation with an average yearly Sunday attendance of just over 500, and approximately 1000 who call Summit their home church.
- The major responsibility will be to provide vision, development and management for all aspects of the ministry to children at Summit Drive Church and disciple the children of the community
- To oversee the entire children’s ministry, birth to grade 6, within a diverse congregation
- To continue to develop the family ministry with an emphasis on building faith at home
To ensure a smooth, safe and effective program, the Pastor of Children & Family Ministries will actively recruit and train volunteers with the goal of having a highly relational and spiritually sound team of leaders.
This position relies heavily on volunteers, so this individual must be an enthusiastic and effective recruiter as well as someone who encourages, and disciples. Although children are the priority, this position also works together with the parents and the volunteers connected to the ministry. The applicant must have dynamic interpersonal skills that allow constructive communication and effective problem solving. Strong organizational skills are crucial since this position includes oversight of multiple programs, resources, volunteers, and events.
General Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Sunday school curriculum oversight, maintenance and preparation (including crafts, activities and worship)
- Recruit, screen, equip, and schedule volunteers (including background checks, interviewing, and training)
- Effectively communicate with families, including but not limited to a quarterly newsletter
- Follow up with families and provide parents with tools and knowledge to effectively build “faith at home”
- Provide pastoral care for children/families as needed
- Work closely with other Pastoral staff, children’s deacon, and the Children & Family Ministry Leadership Team to coordinate church-wide programs as necessary
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Oversee the general Children’s Ministry budget
- Organize and oversee of AWANA, family events, VBS, parent’s nights out, and summer intern(s)
- Visitation of new families
- Passion for Christ, children and the mission of Summit Drive Church
- Agreement with the Doctrinal positions of Summit Drive Church and commitment to living by those standards
- Call to work in Children and Family Ministry
- Administrative skills
- High integrity, trustworthy, punctual and reliable
- Visionary leader, forward thinker and self-directed
- Team builder, team player and demonstrated ability to recruit, develop and empower leaders to promote both spiritual and ministerial growth
- Flexible and teachable
- Theological education, preferably from an institution accredited by The Association of Theological Schools. The ideal candidate will have a Masters degree in some form of ministry studies (i.e. Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in theology, or Master of Theological Studies), but those with other degrees will be considered.
Salary and Pension
- The initial salary / pension placement is dependent on the candidate’s education and experience. The initial placement will not be lower than $48,000 per annum.
Please send cover letter, resume and up-to-date references for review to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Search Committee will commence interviews on April 24th, 2017. The search will remain open until the position is filled. The ideal start date for the new Pastor is July 1, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to consider if Summit may be where God is calling you.
Chair, Search Committee
Summit Drive Church