|at Canadian Baptists of Western Canada Foundation (view profile)|
|Date Posted||May 9, 2017|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Canadian Baptists of Western Canada Foundation (“Foundation”) invites applications for a full-time Foundation President. The Foundation is a partner with the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada (“CBWC”), which is a Christ-centered community of churches with a three-fold purpose: Inviting Faith, Acting in Mercy, and Cultivating Leaders.
The President, reporting to the CBWC Foundation Board of Directors, serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the CBWC Foundation and is expected to provide strong, servant-based, comprehensive leadership to the organization. In this role, he or she is responsible for Foundation management activities which support CBWC and its goals by overseeing and managing the development and implementation of programs to steward income from individual contributions, major gifts, bequests, planned giving, and grants. These assets currently total approximately $40,000,000.
The successful applicant for this position will be a highly-motivated professional with the ability to build and maintain relationships, and have proven financial, analytical, written and public speaking skills. He or she must be able to work a flexible schedule that may require evening and weekend hours. The position requires up to 35% travel time visiting member churches and affiliates. The successful candidate is required to live in Greater Calgary, manage staff in the Calgary Head Office and attend a CBWC church.
- Provide inspirational leadership in building and growing all the funds under the CBWC Foundation’s responsibility and expanding the financial, banking, and investment services throughout the CBWC constituency and to other third party entities.
- Ensure that all CBWC Foundation investments and funds are managed at an acceptable level of risk and that all due diligence requirements are appropriately addressed.
- Maintain good working relationships with capital providers (i.e. CBWC, church, constituency depositors and third parties).
- Provide strong collaborative leadership, direction, vision, strategic planning, goal setting, progress monitoring, and evaluation.
Donor Relations and Fund Development
- Initiate travel and opportunities to meet with church boards in the context of church loans, savings programs, or donations to long-term ministry funds.
- Be a resource to the churches for stewardship programs and encouraging generous giving within the congregation for the various ministries of the church.
- Create a capital fundraising service for local churches.
- Demonstrate enthusiastic support for CBWC ministry programs and initiatives and engage in cooperative dialogue and planning as to how the CBWC Foundation may be a sustainable and growing financial and technical resource.
- Work productively, positively, and collaboratively with a variety of other parities, including the CBWC Foundation Board, Foundation staff, CBWC Board, CBWC Executive staff, church leaders, pastors and leaders of CBWC agencies, and other third party entities.
- Identify opportunities to grow the financial health and capabilities of the CBWC family of ministries.
Operations and Administration
- Direct all Foundation administrative functions, including budgeting, financial management and reporting and policy administration.
- Ensure the effective recruitment, development, performance and support of Foundation staff and Board.
- Establish a respectful workplace environment and implement effective and efficient practices for the execution of the Foundation work.
- Take actions to ensure compliance with the Foundation constitution, bylaws, policies and all other statutory regulatory requirements.
- Build and maintain a cohesive staff leadership team, while providing leadership in the development of processes for staff supervision and evaluation.
- Oversee promotional material, website content, and the effective use of technology, in partnership with the CBWC.
Support Board Governance and Direction
- Develop and propose policies that ensure accountability, transparency and appropriate risk management for the shareholders.
- Work with, communicate with, and support the effective operations and governance by the Foundation Board.
- Organize and facilitate regular Foundation Board meetings, committee meetings and special meetings and retreats.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Demonstrate mature Christian faith and considerable leadership experience in Christian organizations.
- Bachelor of Finance, Commerce, or Business Administration and/or considerable years of business/ financial experience. Preferred professional designations: personal financial planner, CPA, CLU, CPP.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, be results-oriented, and have a proven track record of successful experience in business planning, processes and operations, preferable in significant financial and/or other corporate sectors.
- Familiarity with Canadian Charity requirements, practices, and operations.
- Familiarity and experience in working with and supporting governance boards.
- Ability to build strategic, trusting relationships.
- Demonstrate superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, and be competent in communications technology.
Further information on the CBWC Foundation can be found at: http://cbwcfoundation.ca
If you, or someone you know, would like to start a confidential conversation about this opportunity or to receive a more detailed Opportunity Profile, please contact:
Candace Bishop, Research Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Charity Executive Inc., doing business as Hutchinson Group Inc., is a management consulting firm offering strategic leadership solutions, specializing in the recruitment of executives and fundraising leadership in the charitable sector. With associates in Vancouver, Toronto and Ottawa, we work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations.