|at The Centre of Hope|
|Location||281 Wellington Ave, London, Ontario, Canada|
|Date Posted||March 31, 2017|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Salvation Army Centre of Hope London is a place where our compassionate and professional team provides caring assistance for our community members experiencing or at risk of experiencing homelessness. Our services include Shelter Services, Private Room Accommodation, Food Bank Services, a Withdrawal Management Centre and Housing Stability Bank.
We support emergency shelter stays for men, women and youth.
Why Join Us?
At The Centre of Hope we offer the following:
- Competitive pay and comprehensive group benefits
- Group RRSP plan
- Paid sick and bereavement leave
- Free personal development training through our e-learning programs
- Years of service recognition program
- Employee discount programs with the Salvation Army and many more!We are currently recruiting for a
Residential Services Manager to continue to develop, implement and maintain a trauma informed, Housing First, and Recovery Model approaches to all functions and aspects of the Residential Services Programs. Responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement and support trauma informed and Housing First practice and Recovery model in all aspects of residential services
- Develop, implement and support a peer support model including training, practice and performance
- As a designated spokesperson for TSA Centre of Hope, develop positive working relationships and maintain effective communication with internal and external organizations, partners and community members
- Ensure regular communication with other services, supports and families to improve conditions and circumstance for staff, guests and residents
- Develop collaborative partnerships and pursue alternative and/or enhanced funding sources
- Develop and assign a comprehensive case management process
- Provide guest/resident case management and intervention within highly sensitive and high-risk situations.
- Develop and implement effective shelter diversion, intake and assessment processes
- Develop and implement service criteria/business plan i.e. private room rentals, occupancy agreements etc.
- Perform On-Call Manager duties within the rotation
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Completed a relevant Undergraduate University Degree
- Minimum of four (4) years of prior related experience, including, experience in a specialized social services program, budgets, supervisory experience, managing resources and communicating orally and in corresponding with funders.
- Proven experience working within trauma informed and Housing First, and Recovery Model approaches
- Proven experience working with people from diverse backgrounds, mental health/addiction issues, homelessness, etc.
- Provide an original copy of a Background Check with vulnerable sector screening secured through either the national Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) or through a local police, detachment that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion is required.
- Screening through The Salvation Army Abuse Registry.
- NOTE: Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Conditions of Employment:
- The Centre of Hope is a 24/7 operation and as such the hours of work vary according to requirements of responsibilities – hence, some weekend and evening work may be required.
- This is a full time position.
- On-call rotational responsibilities returning to the Centre when required for emergenciesPlease visit www.centreofhope.ca to view the full job description. Interested applicants please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration.
- We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.