|at Ontario Pioneer Camp (view profile)|
|Location||Port Sydney, ON, Canada|
|Date Posted||May 5, 2017|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Ontario Pioneer Camp (OPC), located in Muskoka, Ontario, is seeking to fill a full-time contract Summer Cook position (June – Sept). OPC is owned and operated by Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship, and has been in operation since 1929. The purpose of this position is to provide quality food service to our campers, staff and guests in a manner that is consistent with the values and standards of Ontario Pioneer Camp and Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship. The Summer Cook is responsible for all aspects of running a summer kitchen including the planning, preparation and serving of food to campers and guests, kitchen cleanliness, inventory, ordering and supervision of kitchen volunteers.
The ideal applicant for this position will possess the following qualifications:
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a desire to grow as a follower of Christ.
- 2 years related experience in a commercial or camp kitchen environment.
- Ability to read and follow recipes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, creative and artistic talent.
- Strong work ethic, customer service focused.
- Ability to remain calm in hectic circumstances.
- Food Handlers Course.
- Completion of or enrollment in a culinary program.
- 2 year related experience in a commercial or camp kitchen environment.
- WHIMS and Health and Safety training.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Physical demands include lifting and carrying 50lb sacks, moving and lifting heavy pots and pans and standing for long periods of time.
- Fun loving and flexible attitude.
Interested applicants are invited to email a resume and cover letter to Laurie Russell, Support Staff Coordinator at email@example.com
Closing Date: Job will remain posted until the position has been filled.
Employment is conditional upon a clear police reference check. The successful candidate must be able to submit to Inter-Varsity’s Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith Agreement.