|at Westview Baptist Church of London|
|Location||1000 Wonderland Rd S. London, Ontario, Canada|
|Date Posted||April 26, 2017|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
TITLE: Summer Media Student
REPORTS TO: The Pastor and Christian Education Specialist
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: We are seeking a student who is interested in working with media and technology at Westview Baptist Church over the summer. The position will be 30 hours per week with a planned start date of July 5th for 6-8 weeks.
- Employee will be supervised and accountable to the Pastor and/or Christian Education Specialist and will meet weekly for personal input, direction and mentoring opportunities relating to the job and to help build up the individual’s skills. Occasional mentoring opportunities will also be made available with the churches volunteer technology team at Westview.
- Plan for Protection training will be provided
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare media presentations for Sundays
- Work on Video Presentations
- Learn to use the sound and AV system and varying computer systems and programs
- Database input
- Continue research and implement changes to make church media and website AODA compatible for those with special needs
- Research new media that can be incorporated into use
- Take photos and run media for Children’s Summer Camp.
- Must have intentions of returning to school in September
- Must have a completed Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Prefer experience using media and technology
- Respect basic Christian principles and Westview Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith and submit to the authority therein.
- Prefer student who plans to, or is studying in areas relating to working with media and/ or technology
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: Westview Baptist Church, 1000 Wonderland Rd. S; London, Ontario; N6K 3S4 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is May 26th, 2017.