|Company Location||Cochran, Alberta Canada, Canada|
Employment Opportunity: Director of Library Services
Organization: Canadian Southern Baptist Seminary & College Location: 200 Seminary View, Cochrane, Alberta Department: Library Status: Full-time Posting Date: June 9, 2021 Salary/Wage: TBA
The Canadian Southern Baptist Seminary & College has an opening for the position of Director of Library Services. This position is responsible for the efficient management and direction of the library, including operations, budget, supervision and direction of library staff and collection development.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides instruction in library resources to students, faculty, and staff in formats suitable to class, groups and individuals.
- Ensures that reference services are available and circulation activities and other library functions are effectively performed during the hours of library operation.
- Selects resources for purchase and addition to the library collection. Works with faculty to ensure library purchases reflect the needs of faculty and support of the curriculum.
- Responsible for ensuring the optimal functioning of the integrated automation system; ensures appropriate preservation of essential data and records.
- Supervises the timely and accurate processing, cataloguing and circulation of library resources.
- Supervises library staff, coordinates activities and absences, and arranges for appropriate training, and provides communication to staff regarding actions and decisions of the administration.
- Works with faculty to determine learning resource needs.
- Ensures that required reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintains knowledge of trends in library science, requests appropriate personal professional development.
- The Library Director is a voting member of the faculty.
- Maintains communications and membership as appropriate with professional associations.
- This position description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions, and responsibilities that comprise this position.
- Employees are offered a competitive benefits package which includes health, dental, and life insurance, paid annual and sick leave, paid holidays and a retirement program
- Works under the supervision of the Academic Dean
- MLS or equivalent from an ALA or CLA accredited institution required. Or someone working toward an MLS or equivalent degree.
- Experience in an academic library, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of the position
- Experience with an automated library system
- Experience with post-secondary instruction is desirable
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff
- Ability to effectively supervise and direct skilled professionals and semi-skilled assistants
- Awareness of theological and biblical literature, preferably an additional relevant master’s degree
- Preference will be given to candidates who are able to teach in our college and/or seminary
JOB DIMENSIONS –Knowledge of work standards, technical/professional development, teamwork, written and oral communications, delegation, performance results, negotiation, initiative, attention to details, judgment.
Your philosophy of life must be in accordance with the policies, objectives, and doctrinal statement of CSBS&C. Candidate must possess the highest standards of personal integrity, a strong work ethic, and an optimistic outlook
All interested candidates please submit your resume/CV and cover letter to:
This position will remain open for applications through the summer. We will begin the selection for interview process at the end of August, 2021.
We thank all interested applicants however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted
Current job openings at Canadian Southern Baptist Seminary & College
- Currently this employer doesn't have any openings.