|Company Location||306 Erb St. West, Waterloo, Canada|
Part-Time Children’s Coordinator
First Baptist Church – Waterloo, Ontario Canada
We are looking for a godly individual who is interested in serving alongside our congregation in our children’s ministry. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, forward-thinking leader with strengths in team building, volunteer management, and organization of both tasks and people. All candidates must have a love for kids and have a strong desire to see families strengthened.
This position entails being the primary overseer of our children’s ministry with ages ranging from 2 years old up to the end of grade 6. A candidate must be a skilled communicator, possess strong organization skills and be able to work well with existing staff and volunteers. FBC is looking for a leader that will continue to build our current programs and look to expand this area of ministry knowing that all children’s programming must be God centered, exciting and inclusive of all demographics. Our desire is to see all children reached with the gospel of Christ.
- Overseeing the children’s ministry (age 2 to grade 6) in cooperation with existing coordinators.
- Provide vision and direction for the children’s ministry.
- Work with all applicable ministries to create a unified approach in regards to evangelizing and discipling children.
- To recruit, train, build and lead volunteer teams to minister effectively to children.
- Assist coordinators in researching Bible based curriculum for each age level or program.
- Provides care for children and families including hospital visitation, home visits and follow-up.
- Creates and implements strategies for reaching and integrating new families into the church.
- Maintains ministry database with accurate, current and accessible information.
- A saved immersed believer with a confident calling to children’s ministry.
- A member of FBC or working towards membership.
- Must be committed to the primacy of God’s Word.
- Must align with the doctrinal position of the church.
- Must possess the ability to communicate God’s Word effectively to children.
- Having completed at least 1 year of formal Bible training would be an asset.
- They must be committed to maintain their own personal devotional life.
- They must be willing / able to be a team player who possesses a servant’s heart.
- They must embrace and work well in a multi-cultural ministry context, respecting cultural sensitivities.
- They should possess an outgoing and dynamic personality that can excite and enthuse children.
- They must have clean police check.
*It is expected that the person will work under the authority of the lead pastor *
- Participate in all church wide events
- Sunday morning services (evening service attendance is highly encouraged)
- Wednesday night children’s events
- Attend staff meetings & other meetings as scheduled.
- Uphold FBC Biblical Values and Beliefs
- Other Duties as assigned
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Attention: Jeff Oakes)
Current job openings at First Baptist Church Waterloo
- Currently this employer doesn't have any openings.