|Company Location||Scarborough, Canada|
OUR HISTORY AND OUR MISSION STATEMENT
In early 1988, various brothers and sisters started praying for the Chinese immigrants to Toronto. They prayed that due to the changes in their environment, that they will seek God's truth, know and experience Jesus. As a result, God granted them a vision for a new ministry. Alongside this vision, came the confirmation and support of late Rev Fred Cheung, of Chinese Evangelical Free church of Los Angeles in Monterey Park, California.
Hallelujah Evangelical Free Church started to congregate in early January 1989. In the same year, we obtained government's non-profit religious organization status and officially became a member of Evangelical Free Church of Canada and Association of North America Chinese Evangelical Free.
We are an evangelical faith. We believe that the Old and New Testament is God's complete revelation of His will for the salvation of human race, and the divine and final authority of all Christians' faith and life. We study and apply God's Word to glorify Him, spread the Gospel, and care for each other.
To collectively glorify God by being disciples of Jesus Christ and making disciples of all nations.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired word of God without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of man, and the divine and final authority of all Christian faith and life.
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, he arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High. He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
4. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for Godly living and service.
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can and spiritual life be obtained.
6. We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for the justification for all who believe, and that only such as receive Jesus Christ by faith are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become the children of God.
7. We believe in the personal, an imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this “blessed hope” has a vital bearing on the person, life, and service of the believer.
8. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all the dead; of the believer to everlasting to blessedness and joy with the Lord, and of the unbeliever to judgement and everlasting conscious punishment.
9. We believe that the true church is composed of all such persons, who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the Head.
10. We believe that water baptism soon after accepting Christ as personal Savior is a testimony of death to sin and resurrection to a new life, and that the Lord’s supper is a memorial service setting forth in sacred and symbolic manner the death of the Lord Jesus Christ; that all true believers and only believers should share in it.
11. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord and the Head of the Church and that every local church has the right under Christ to decide and govern its own affairs.
Current job openings at Hallelujah Chinese Evangelical Free Church
- Currently this employer doesn't have any openings.