|390 First Ave E. North Bay, Canada
Hope Awaits Ministries seeks to proclaim and demonstrate the life changing Gospel of Jesus Christ through meeting the spiritual, physical and emotional needs of those who are homeless or in need of hope.
Hope Awaits Ministries is a Christian run charity that will offer 3 primary services:
1) Men’s Homeless Shelter
The shelter portion of the facility will have space for eight men to stay overnight for a minimum of 14 days, during which their needs will be assessed in order to determine if they will need to be accommodated for longer. The staff at Hope Awaits Ministries will work with individuals residing at the shelter to help them with their spiritual, emotional and physical needs. The goal is to help equip individuals to be self sufficient and be able to live a healthy balanced lifestyle.
The lounge portion of the facility will be open from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm to clients that are looking for a place to be during the day. The purpose of the lounge is to have a calming environment where our staff and clients can build relationships, through which we will be able to share the gospel and love of Jesus Christ. The staff at Hope Awaits Ministries will organize weekly social activities for clients to take part in such as: bible studies, specialized courses (cooking, computers, etc), coffee house nights, and more.
3) Life Skills Programs
Programs will be offered to individuals residing at the shelter. One of the main goals through these Life Skills Programs is to equip individuals with the skills they need to be self sufficient and to be able to live a healthy balanced lifestyle. The programs offered will equip individuals by further educating them in subject matter that will help them either spiritually, emotionally or physically. Programs may include but are not limited to: budgeting, cooking, computers, bible teaching, resume and cover letter writing, fighting addiction, how to cope with rejections, etc.
Our Core Values
- We believe that only God holds the power to set us free from the bondage of sin, addictions, and compulsions that undermine the quality of life that God intends for us to live.
- We believe that all people, no matter the circumstances, are redeemable by God and can live a meaningful and purposeful life.
- By teaching life skills and through discipleship programs, we teach our clients to accept responsibility for their actions and encourage them to become people of integrity, responsibility and commitment.
- We believe that a balance of love, accountability and training coupled with a relationship with Christ, are essential in empowering our clients to become self sufficient.
- We are committed to wisely managing all resources entrusted to us and recognize that we are ultimately accountable to God.
- Our clients, donors, staff, volunteers, board members and advisory councils are appreciated and worthy of respect and honor.
- All staff, board members and those in a leadership role must know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour and be actively growing in their personal relationship with him.
Current job openings at Hope Awaits Ministries
- Currently this employer doesn't have any openings.