|Company Location||Brantford, Canada|
Safe Families Canada (SFC) is a National, faith-based, registered charity that serves the community by helping to keep children safe and families intact. Working through local chapters in cities across the country, SFC reaches families before their circumstances get to a critical point, warranting intervention from local child welfare agencies. Prior to involvement with child welfare, families can voluntarily place their children with an approved and screened SFC volunteer Host Family while they work through their crisis and maintain parental custody. A Family Coach, Family Friends, and the church will work together to further support the parent, as well as the Host Family. Through these volunteers and churches, SFC can provide a network of support to families in crisis while they get back on their feet.
SFC understands the needs of families facing a crisis and a parent’s concern for the care of their child. We also know that when “the daily stress for the parent decreases, providing immediate relief, time and space to address the issues that led to the stressful situation, a parent is less stressed, children are safe and there is less risk of Child Welfare needing to be involved”.
By matching families in crisis with a circle of trained and compassionate volunteers who walk with and support the family, we are able to increase the community safety net for at-risk families.
Creating a world where children are safe, and families are transformed through radically compassionate communities.
Safe Families Canada hosts vulnerable children and creates extended family–like support for desperate families through a community of devoted volunteers who are motivated by compassionate faith to keep children safe and families intact.
Radical Hospitality, Compassion fuelled by Mercy, Disruptive Generosity
Child Welfare Deflection | Child Abuse Prevention
Family Support and Stabilization | Strengthening Compassion Ministries of the Church
Position: SFC Family Placement Coordinator Position
Hours Per Week: 20hrs/week
Start Date: January 2023
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Police Record Checks
- Valid Drivers’ License; access to a vehicle and the ability and willingness to travel
- Must be willing and able to implement the core mission and community commitments of SFC
Reporting to the Chapter Director, the Family Placement Coordinator is responsible for matching families with volunteers, overseeing circles of support and the active placement of children in temporary loving homes while their parent/guardian gets back on their feet. This position involves the volunteer recruitment process and support, assessing and supervising child placements and family goals, and managing files and inquiries surrounding placements.
The candidate will work with a network of local agencies to secure referrals. This position is a part-time position with the potential of increased hours.
- Education or work experience in a social services field
- Strong case management, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Must be a passionate and assertive networker who is able to communicate effectively and work with volunteers, placing families and the community.
- Problem identification, analysis, and resolution skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver information to individuals regarding volunteer opportunities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook and their Apple equivalents)
- Proficiency in Google Docs (desired)
All qualified applicants who fulfill our conditions for employment will receive consideration for the position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Disability and other reasonable accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process. We thank all who apply. Please apply with cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Current job openings at Safe Families Brantford
- Currently this employer doesn't have any openings.