|Company Location||Nanaimo, Canada|
Kim Maandag, ER Advisor
· Contributes to the spiritual development of the youth (ages 4-18) in the church by mentoring, discipling, encouraging, and modelling appropriate Christian attitudes and behaviours
· Coordinates, implements, maintains and assists in the evaluation of programs/ministries relevant to the youth of the church and the community at large; may plan and conduct creative worship services, evangelistic outreach, care programs (including on-going visitation), and Bible studies as applicable
· Prays with and or leads youth and family members to faith in Jesus Christ as opportunity permits
· Develop and implement appropriate leadership development programs for youth and those involved in youth leadership; recruits, orients and trains volunteer leaders.
· Works in cooperation and consultation with the church’s administrative and pastoral care givers in corporate problem-solving for the benefit of the church and individuals
· Knows and acts in accordance with security procedures of the church to ensure the safety and confidentiality of participants and information
· Interacts with community partners and resources to provide services to youth; may include participation on community committees
· Maintains written records / logs of activities (including activity reports and statistical information)
· Organizes and holds fundraising events throughout the year
· A heart for Youth Ministry and a proven record of good rapport with youth
· Has a strong, mature, personal Christian commitment that is able lead and teach from the Bible and the doctrines of the Salvation Army
· A degree in Youth Ministry or equivalent work experience
· Competence and comfort in the areas of creative arts and sporting ministries is desired and is considered a great asset.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others
· A desire to be creative and innovative, as well as being a self-starter who requires minimal supervision
· Good administrative, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
· A good understanding of/and agree to support the Mission Statement of The Salvation Army and Nanaimo Community Church
· The understanding that they must undergo a criminal record check and obtain an internal Salvation Army child abuse registry clearance
· Full Time
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Current job openings at The Salvation Army, Nanaimo Ministries
- Currently this employer doesn't have any openings.