Youth for Christ Canada continually seeks to reach more and more young people with the hope of the gospel. As part of the YFC Canada National Team, the Director of Technology is responsible to lead the IT team in planning, developing, and managing all IT services, programs, and support throughout the organization.
This position is full-time will be supervised by the Director of Operations.
The Director of Technology, in conjunction with the IT staff, will plan, develop, and manage all IT services, programs, and technical support throughout the organization ensuring the confidentiality and integrity of information. She/he will lead organization-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology. The Director of Technology will stay abreast of relevant technologies, driving proposals and recommendations for the improvement and growth of our IT infrastructure and systems.
SPIRITUAL AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Is a faithful and contributing member of a local church.
- Prays for and with the YFC Canada Team.
- Spends time in spiritual reflection and development.
- Takes bi-annual spiritual retreat at Honeymoon Bay Retreat Centre.
- Completion of the YFC Canada Foundations Credentialing process within 2 years of start date.
IT STRATEGY AND SYSTEMS
The Director of Technology will participate in the strategic planning process of YFC Canada and then lead, enable, and support the accomplishment of those objectives in IT Services. The Director of Technology will provide strategic recommendations based on research and analysis. This will include:
- Identify and analyze YFC Canada’s IT needs in the short, medium, and long term and facilitate strategic planning to meet those needs.
- Prepare budget and cost analysis in consultation with the Director of Finance. Oversee the research, design, deployment, and optimization of IT systems to meet the goals identified in the strategic planning process.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with vendors and service providers to ensure the efficient and cost-effective acquisition of technology purchases.
The Director of Technology shall ensure a strong focus on customer service and a positive end-user experience. This will include:
- Work well and build relationships with a wide range of individuals throughout the organization to provide support, coaching, and direction in IT systems.
- Oversee the development and application of consistent and effective information and technology-related policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards.
- Evaluate training requirements and oversee development and implementation of training programs to ensure users possess the required knowledge of system application, operations, and capabilities.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of services provided and recommend changes to meet users’ needs.
The Director of Technology shall ensure robust IT backup and recovery processes. This will include:
- Assume responsibility for the integrity of the IT systems.
- Ensure adherence to software licensing laws and requirements.
- Report on risk management issues as they relate to systems, including the security of confidential information.
- Ensure routine backup and archival of files to assist with disaster recovery.
- Oversee the implementation and operation of the backup management plan for all IT services.
The Director of Technology shall provide supervision of IT staff. This includes:
- Lead, mentor, motivate and provide clear direction to IT staff.
- Effectively delegate work objectives to IT employees, manage their work performance and complete performance reviews.
- Ensure proper support, training & coaching of IT employees to maximize the achievement of their work objectives and their professional development.
- Evaluate IT staff and collaborate on set goals.
- Meet with supervisor weekly by video conference or in-person.
- Attends YFC Regional and National conferences and meetings when possible.
- Attend and participate in national staff meetings.
- Participate in annual evaluation and adjustment of Director of Technology job descriptions.
- Personal partnership development – which includes securing and maintaining a sound base of financial & prayer partners to a level sufficient to fund the salary and immediate costs of this position.
- Gathering financial and prayer support from the Christian community
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate possesses exceptional IT management skills and has a passion for seeing Canada’s youth become lifelong followers of Jesus. The successful candidate will:
- Be an Ideal Team Player.
- Be detail-oriented and responsible.
- Have a vibrant, mission-minded faith.
- Demonstrate a strong theological/biblical understanding.
- Be able to work from home on a virtual team.
- Have excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Be a self-starter and have a strong work ethic.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Practice work/family balance.
- Have a University Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Sciences Engineering, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in managing an IT operation.
- Strong negotiation skills with vendors and service providers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage all stages of complex IT projects and deliver outcomes.
- Ability to communicate technical information in a format that enables users to understand.
- Creative and strategic problem solver.
- Highly developed understanding of industry standards, regulations, and best practices.
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector is an asset.
Current job openings at Youth for Christ Canada
- Currently this employer doesn't have any openings.