|Date Posted||June 17, 2022|
Location: Markham, ON
Immediate Supervisor: Accounting Manager
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022
We are looking for a talented Accounting Officer to join our finance team and help us to provide exceptional service for our staff teams, leadership, and external partners. If you have an accounting or business degree, have accounting work experience, work exceptionally well with numbers and with people, and have a strong desire to see vulnerable populations overcome their challenges, we want to hear from you
Globally, 1.7 billion people are affected by neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) like leprosy. They are the world’s most underserved people and communities. NTDs don’t just cause illness and disability, but they destroy livelihoods and tear families apart. These diseases seed discrimination and isolation. Neglected tropical diseases trap people in a cycle of poverty.
As followers of Jesus, we cannot stand by and let people suffer needlessly from treatable and preventable diseases. God calls us to intervene in this broken world as agents of restoration and hope. We work with our committed supporters here in Canada and our partners in the countries where we serve to be champions of hope.
Overview of the Role
In this role you will be responsible for the accounts payable function and for the performance of a variety of functions from day-to-day general accounting tasks to financial reporting and to assist the Accounting Manager in reporting and analysis for the International Programs group. This is a full-time position that includes a competitive package of salary and benefits.
At Effect Hope, we ask a lot of our employees, but we also offer a lot in return. In addition to your competitive salary, medical/dental/vision plan, and matching pension plan, you will enjoy:
- Dress: Casual – We want you to be comfortable at work.
- Location: This is an in-office role. Get to our office quickly thanks to our highly accessible East-end site in Markham.
- Fellowship: Hang out and pray with your colleagues and be encouraged in your faith.
- Career Development and Mentoring: You will be joining a Christian organization with experienced and thoughtful leaders who are committed to investing their time to grow and develop others.
What you bring to the role
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance or Business. Working toward a designation would be preferred.
- 3+ years’ related experience in Accounting/Finance position.
- Working knowledge with Financial Edge and Raisers Edge preferred.
- Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting rules and practices is an asset.
- Clear communication skills in making proposals and recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with interdisciplinary teams.
- A commitment to the mandate of Effect Hope and Christian ethics.
- Proficient in project management and experience introducing process improvements.
The selected candidate must be willing to commit to our Vision, Mission and values. Effect Hope is a Christian mission with a donor base that is primarily of the Christian faith. Candidates must be comfortable with this position and be willing to work in this environment with a broad range of Christian perspectives.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org.