ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Part-Time)
|Location||1687 Victoria Park Avenue, Scarborough, Canada|
|Date Posted||February 14, 2023|
POSITION: Administrative Assistant (Part-Time)
The Administrative Assistant Position will be a 15-20 hours/a week paid position.
The Administrative Assistant (AA) to the Pastor serves as the trusted assistant while providing high level administrative support to the Lead Pastor and the church.
The primary function of the AA will be performing support functions including administrative activities, communication with various ministry and volunteer leaders, event coordination and planning, scheduling appointments and travel, and providing meeting/training support. The AA will also be working with other WHBC staff members to support the needs of the various ministries. The secondary function of the AA is to assist the Lead Pastor in strategic projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The AA to the Pastor position’s primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage all forms of correspondence including voicemail, email, and regular mail as needed to ensure a smooth flow of communication to and from the Lead Pastor and Ministry Staffs and Leaders.
- Initiate and distribute church-wide-weekly e-mail communication for the Leadership.
- Set up and maintain electronic filling systems as needed to ensure easy access to important records.
- Provide hospitality support, arrange meals, accommodations, and logistics for meetings, events, guests, and programs hosted by the Lead Pastor at Church Conferences.
- Publishes the Church weekly bulletins.
- Handle Light Bookkeeping duties in consortium with the Church Treasurer and Financial Secretaries.
- Manage office supplies, keeps track of inventory and purchase orders as needed.
- Maintains New Visitors information in database and prepare Welcome Letters.
- Maintains the Church Website and Social Media platforms by providing pertinent information to the Media Administrators.
- Manage the Church’s schedule and Coordinate with Ministry Leaders for the use of the Church Facilities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SPIRITUAL GIFTS AND ABILITIES
- A trusted, proven individual with a servant’s heart and demonstrated commitment to functioning in a team-oriented environment, has follow-through ability.
- Must be committed to WHBC’s Mission and Vision and Statement of Faith.
- Desires and able to complement and support the Lead Pastor.
- Must be a Self-starter with an innovative approach to Administration and careful attention to details.
- Must be comfortable working in a Multicultural setting.
- Must maintain confidentiality and exercise exceptional judgment in dealing with sensitive and personal issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Database, Web and other related applications will be useful.
- Experience as an Administrative Assistant in a Church or Business Environment.
The Administrative Assistant is part of Wilmar staff and accountable to the Lead Pastor.
Resumes may be submitted by email to email@example.com marked attention AA Search Team.