|Date Posted||March 24, 2021|
20 Hours / Week
Part 1 - Office Administration (11 hours)
Position Focus: To create a welcoming atmosphere for the church office that ensures high confidentiality while attending to the day-to-day administrative and communication needs of the church and staff.
- Familiarity with both PC and Mac, Social Media platforms
- Attentiveness to detail and clear written communication
I Reception and Administrative duties
- Respond to incoming phone calls, emails, on-site visitors and website generated inquiries.
- Ensure that reception services are cared for by other volunteers when away from the office.
- Coordinate deliveries and on-site visits by those who are doing repairs, maintenance, etc.
- Order and purchase of supplies for the office.
- Oversee maintenance of baptism and membership lists, processing of Communication Cards and contact database.
- Coordinate and produce the Annual Report (August) under direction of Lead Pastor.
- Provide general administrative support to pastoral staff as time, need, and resources allow.
- Oversight and update of church publications, both printed and electronic (website, social media).
- Maintain internal and external Wellspring communication amongst staff and ministries.
- Assist the pastoral staff with internal/external communication needs, i.e. email and phone.
- Assist the elders board communication needs, as needed.
III Facilities and Scheduling
- Coordinate the facility booking, ministry scheduling, and church master calendar.
- Coordinate the scheduling details related to special events such as conferences, weddings, funerals, concerts, etc.
- Oversee issuing of keys, building security, and coordinating service contractors.
- Ensure proper working and programming of all office/facility equipment (computers, photocopier, printers, telephones etc.).
- Assist Lead Pastor in coordinating major events, retreats, staff days, etc.
- Act as office liaison to the custodial staff.
IV Volunteer Coordination
- Schedule and communicate with volunteers to help cover office needs and Sunday welcome.
- Help the pastoral staff recruit volunteers for various projects as directed.
Part 2 - Bookkeeper (9 hours)
Position Focus: To oversee and maintain the day to day financial bookkeeping needs of the church, including accounts payable, financial reports and statements, banking transactions, computer records, and the maintenance of standard accounting practices and charitable finance regulations.
*Year end reconciliation and closing of accounts will be done in co-operation with contracted accounting support on an annual basis. Any substantial changes to the accounting structure will also be done through third party contractor.
Main Bookkeeping Duties
- Provide timely and accurate financial statements to the Elders Board, Finance Committee, and Staff/Ministry Coordinators.
- Oversee & maintain all on-line giving (Pre-authorized giving).
- Oversee the collection, processing, depositing, recording and disbursement of all church monies in accordance with established accounting principles and policies of the church.
- Complete all banking transactions and maintain accurate and up-to-date computer records of all financial transactions.
- Oversee the processing of accounts payable and insure they are paid in a timely manner.
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of tax receipts.
- Prepare the annual report of the financial status of the congregation.
- Issue giving numbers (offering boxes & PAD) to new contributors as requested.
- Administer employee documentation (TD1, T4s, ROEs etc.).
- Oversee all payroll requirements for salaried and hourly employees.
- Maintain Benefit administration (ARF, LTD, Life Insurance, Extended Health/Dental)
- Allocate staff credit card purchases and pay monthly balances.
- Prepare and meet deadlines for all tax filing documentation (Charity Return, HST Reporting, etc)
- Determine that all financial reporting requirements of government agencies are completed on behalf of the church.
- Competent in self-management, organization, record keeping, information management.
- Professional and confidential.
- Competency in Quickbooks and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Conscientious of time and meeting deadlines.
Willing to be flexible and to adapt to a changing, flexible work environment.