|Date Posted||January 29, 2020|
Position: Assistant Director of Children’s Ministries
Organization: Grace Community Church
Term: 1-year Maternity Leave Part-Time Contract
Closing Date: Friday March 6, 2020
Grace Community Church, a vibrant and growing independent congregation just north of Guelph, is looking for an Assistant Director of Children's Ministries to fill a one-year maternity leave, part-time position.
Grace Kids (GK) Elementary and Grace Kids (GK) Nursery are key teams at our church that are both experiencing strong growth as more and more young families with kids choose to make GCC their home church.
We are seeking a dynamic and energetic leader who has served in a church kids ministry context, and is ready to take ownership and responsibility in co-leading the kids’ programming at Grace. We believe our kids’ programming should be known as the best in the region, full of fun, and incorporate powerful learning opportunities. Most importantly, we want our little ones to experience the authentic presence of God in such a way that they are inspired to continue learning to love all things Jesus and all things church.
The successful applicant will work alongside our Director of Children’s Ministries and will be accountable to them. The ability to connect with kids and build a volunteer team will be critical to the fruitfulness of this person’s ministry.
Our staff culture is relaxed but focused, not micro-managed but driven by specific goals and deliverables. Each of our leaders are self-starters, results-oriented, detail-focused, and determined to achieve greatness in everything they do. At the same time our team is focused on being soft-hearted and dependent on the Holy Spirit doing what only the Holy Spirit can do in terms of making their ministry work; for God's Glory, the joy of His people, and--through the way that joy transforms their lives--the good of the City of Guelph and surrounding region.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Spiritual Maturity and evidence of ongoing personal spiritual formation
- Previous Children’s Ministry experience
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Passion and ability to work in a multicultural setting, with diverse family-types
- Understanding of effective teaching practices, and childhood development
- Ability to recruit, build, and sustain a functional, and effective leadership team
- Ability to connect with children, and their families during program hours, and outside
- Possess the ability to engage in effective conflict resolution when necessary
- Relational, outgoing, with a passion for connecting with families
- Teachable and open to mutual assessment
- Ability to create and manage ministry budget
- Bachelor’s Degree in children’s ministry, or Children’s Degree an asset
Responsibilities: Duties consist of, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Joyfully serve as part of the Grace Community Church team to develop and cast vision and strategy for the holistic spiritual care and support of children, and their families at Grace Community Church and beyond.
- Provide pastoral care for and regular communication to all parents/guardians of children who are included in the GK programs.
- Coordinate, plan, and implement programming and opportunity for community connections within GK families (i.e. Moms Group, monthly Family Events, etc.)
- To serve as the primary representative and spokesperson for Grace Kids, children and families.
- Responsible for overseeing (initiating, planning, and executing) the Grace Kids Ministry on site Sundays, and any off site or midweek events.
- Recruit, train, and support all Grace Kids leaders in their programming roles.
- Work with staff, and Grace Kids leaders to offer Bible-based curriculum, engaging activities, and high-impact worship, as well as other Grace Community Church vision-oriented programming.
- Maintain a safe ministry for leaders and families by managing all training, background checks, sign-in procedures, and by promoting a safe and orderly program-setting.
- Oversee program components, volunteer recruitment and training for a one-week kid’s summer ½ day camp (VBS)
- Select and manage resources related to Children’s Ministry, including budget creation and supervision.
- Work in partnership with the Youth & Family Pastor to facilitate a smooth transition for children moving between Grace Kids Nursery, Grace Kids Elementary, and Grace Youth.
- Realistic goal-setting, vision-casting, and report-creating, in order to manage an accountable ministry, with appropriate goals.
- Participate in designated responsibilities of staff at Grace Community Church, which will include staff meetings, planning sessions, and other Grace Community Church staff functions.
If interested in applying to this position, please email your Cover Letter & Resume to Annica Napier at email@example.com by Friday March 6th, 2020.