|Date Posted||December 2, 2021|
Our Young Parents program, a specialized initiative of Youth Unlimited (YFC Toronto), is hiring an Assistant to the Young Parents Director.
About Young Parents
Young Parents is a specialized initiative of Youth Unlimited and exists to offer hope and help to pregnant and parenting youth, ages 15-25. We believe in the potential of every young parent to become a transformative presence in their homes and communities. We do this by offering weekly programs and one-to-one mentorship, as well as advocacy and emergency care.
For more information, visit our website: www.youngparents.ca
The Assistant to the Young Parents Director will enhance ministry effectiveness by serving alongside the Young Parents Director (YPD), providing administrative, communication and strategic support.
- Scheduling: Coordinate logistics, preparation, and follow-up for YPD meetings, organizing schedules, note taking, and preparation of annual YPT program calendar.
- Office Management: Manage office equipment, supplies, and in-kind donations and oversee the office use needs for YPT.
- Communication: assist with internal and external communication, help to maintain web content and implementation of social media strategies, arrange for design and print of promotional materials, and coordinate mail-outs to ministry partners.
- Tracking, Reporting & Records: Assist in preparation of various reports and management of Young Parents records.
- Expenses: Complete & prepare staff cheque requisitions for approval, assist in management of program budget expenses and in the tracking of grant reports and expenditures.
- Special Events & Projects: Assist with fundraisers, training events, YPD projects and speaking events - including promotion, logistics, preparation, registration and follow-up and presentation support.
- Volunteer Information: Including tracking volunteer records, assisting with training, and sending out volunteer appreciation gifts and notes etc.
- Young Parents Information: Prepare and track participant registration forms, assist in the preparation of curriculum documents and provide support to team leaders as needed.
- 2+ years of administrative experience
- Strong personal spiritual vitality and commitment to Jesus Christ
- Compassionate heart toward young moms, their children and families
- Excellent organizational skills
- Adept at technology and social media
- Team player with strong initiative
- Active participation in a local church body
This is a part-time position (20-22 hours/week). The salary of this staff position is determined on a scale based on education and experience and is 100% funded on a missionary basis – requiring the successful applicant to fundraise and gather a personal support team.
To Apply: Please submit a resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your resumé should note (1) your employment experience; (2) your ministry experience, whether volunteer or paid; and (3) any relevant certification. Your cover letter should include a description of (a) How you would integrate your faith with this role, (b) any related administrative experience you have, and (c) how you might envision your skills and abilities could enhance our ministry effectiveness in working with young parents. (Each response should be 150 - 200 words.)
If you have any further questions, please contact Elim at email@example.com or (416) 383-1477. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.