|Location||289 Lincoln Rd., Waterloo, Canada|
|Date Posted||September 12, 2023|
Pastor: Youth/Admin/or Worship
Classification: Associate Pastor
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Hours: Full-time position (40 hours/week)
Compensation: As negotiated
The Associate Pastor role is charged with several key roles (see Responsibilities). As an Associate Pastor, you are expected to work alongside the Lead Pastor in providing shepherding and care for the church in many different and evolving ways.
These can be adjusted and negotiated based on Skill sets and calling to emphasize Youth, Children, Young Adults, Worship, and Administration/Executive Skills.
- Oversee and develop the Youth and Young Adult Ministry, with some assistance for Children’s Ministry
- Oversee and develop the administration and operational systems for the church
- Oversee and develop the Technology aspects of the church: internal, website, streaming
- Preaching and Teaching on occasion – frequency determined mutually with Lead Pastor and increasing over time.
- Occasional counselling
- Lead and provide guidance to the Ministry Team and Evangelism
- Serve as a Vocational Elder on the Elder’s Team
- Other Responsibilities
- Spend daily time with God exercising spiritual disciplines such as Scripture reading, prayer, worship, etc.
- Develop ongoing accountability relationship(s) in areas such as personal purity, financial stewardship, spiritual disciplines, etc.
- Prioritize and nurture a healthy relationship with your spouse.
- Assist in providing care for the congregation in consultation with the pastoral team.
- Participate fully in various staff meetings/expectations.
- Adopt the posture of a lifelong learner, continually growing in skills and knowledge in areas covered by this ministry description.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
You are expected to put in not less than 40 hours per week. In general, this would include four (4) weekdays in the office plus Sundays (early morning rehearsal and worship services). This does not include small group attendance or other volunteer service. The position requires flexibility in work hours, including being available for additional evening and weekend activities. Specific hours can be modified, adjusted and agreed upon in consultation with the Lead Pastor.
- Must be maturing spiritually (Colossians 2:6-7)
- Must be increasing in the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
- Must demonstrate a servant’s heart (Mark 10:42-45) and be teachable and humble (Philippians 2:3-7).
- Must meet qualifications for Elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-5).
- *If Worship focused - Must have strong musical skills: able to vocalize and play an instrument in a manner consistent with a contemporary worship style; and able to lead both instrumentalists and vocalists to be a team that effectively leads God’s people in worship.
- *If Youth/Young Adult/Admin focused – demonstrate strong skills and passion in respective categories.
- Must understand how to use media and technology in an effective way to contribute to worship.
- Must be a life-long learner; formal ministry training desired.
- Must be committed to ongoing improvement, with an understanding of both strengths and weaknesses.
- Must have strong organizational and relational abilities consistent with a ministry leadership role.
- Must demonstrate initiative, creativity, and excellence in leading within the established vision of the elders.
- Must be a ministry builder and equipper (Ephesians 4:11-12) with skill in recruiting, developing, evaluating, and encouraging volunteer leaders and teams.
- Must be able to motivate and direct others toward a consistent, fruitful development of quality disciples.
1. Must be committed to the local church and active in building community (Acts 2:42-47).
2. Must demonstrate an ability to relate well and work efficiently with his fellow staff members and all volunteer leaders and teams under his oversight.
- Must be in full agreement with the EMCC Articles of Faith and Practice: https://www.emcc.ca/files/emccadmin/Resource%20Documents/PositionPapers/articles_of_faith_and_practice.pdf
- Must be highly motivated and action-oriented, a strong work ethic, and a get-it-done person.
- Must be willing to put in the hours necessary while maintaining a healthy personal and family life.
*Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest or for more information.