|Date Posted||September 28, 2023|
JOB TITLE: Associate Minister
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-time
HOURS PER WEEK: 40+
COMPENSATION: Commensurate upon experience
VACATION: 3 weeks (15 working days including 3 Sundays) plus flex time between Christmas and New Years
Praxis is a two year old church that has grown to 550+ people in weekly attendance. We are planted out of Westside Church in Vancouver and Northview Church in Abbotsford, and have a passion for seeing people reached with the gospel and churches planted throughout the interior of BC. We are seeking the next great member of our dynamic team who will serve alongside the Lead Pastor to help shepherd, teach, and disciple our fast growing congregation. The candidate must be willing to relocate to Kelowna, possess a passion for reaching those who do not yet know Christ, and share a desire to see churches planted. Below is a list of requirements that the applicant must possess, and some of the immediate areas of need that the role would entail. Once the strengths of the right applicant are discerned, the role could be modified to accommodate specific areas of strength and giftedness.
1. Discipleship and Counselling. Regularly meet with people mid-week to help disciple, coach, and counsel. Follow up with new attendees and new believers, and provide counsel to individuals and families as needed.
2. Teaching & Training. Help develop and teach classes for the continued growth of the body and discipleship of new believers. Teach baptism class, reading and applying the Bible class, etc.
3. Evangelism & Outreach. Help develop and execute campus and community outreach initiatives. Planning and executing Alpha, Redemption Groups, etc.
4. Preaching. Providing pulpit coverage at Praxis and various relationally connected churches as need arises (based off of gifting and experience)
5. Leading a weekly Community Group.
- A people person who is energized by being around people
- Effective in all forms of communication (verbal, e-mail, text, etc.)
- Experience in counselling and discipleship
- A collaborative team player
- High personal initiative and diligence that produces follow-through in tasks
- Ability to motivate and support ministry leaders.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Must agree with the mission, core values, and statement of faith of Praxis Church.
- Must have a firm grasp on all basic areas of theology, and preference will be shown to those with Biblical Education.
- Must have experience and possess a giftedness in biblical counselling and discipleship.
- Must possess the ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Have a clear sense of God’s calling to ministry with passion for the calling.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of ministry experience.
- The applicants life must clearly demonstrate a high level of spiritual maturity and theological understanding, and meet the qualifications of Titus 1 and 1 Timothy 3.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email email@example.com and make sure to include the following to apply for this position:
- The position title in the email subject.
- An attached resumé.
- A cover letter (including a photo) describing your ministry calling and aspirations, as well as areas of passion and giftedness.
- At least two contactable pastoral or elder references.
- Links to two recordings of best sermons preached (if available)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.