|Location||130 Colborne St. West, Lindsay, Ontario, Canada|
|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
As the Associate Pastor of Youth Ministries your main responsibility is to carry out the purposes and passion of Fairview Baptist Church among our Junior High and Senior High students. A portion of your time will also be used to oversee other areas of ministry based on your particular gifts, strengths and passions.
About Fairview Baptist Church:
Fairview Baptist Church is called to glorify God as we Reach. Teach. Equip.
Glorify the true and living God by striving to worship Him with our entire lives. Reach the lost with the good news of faith and hope in Jesus Christ through words of witness and deeds of mercy in the Kawartha Lakes and to the world. Teach believers of all ages to become mature followers of Jesus Christ, disciplined in scripture, prayer, holiness, and community. Equip and encourage believers to use their spiritual gifts by serving in the Church and wherever God may take them. Learn more, http://www.fairviewc.com.
General Associate Pastor Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, oversight and advancement of the youth ministries (grade six through to grade twelve) in consistency with our purpose, passion and bylaws.
- Provide oversight of the selection, training and empowering process for the leaders within these areas of youth ministry.
- Develop outreach initiatives for the youth group to participate in.
- Preach 9-14 weeks a year in the church’s main services.
Specific Youth Ministry Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and/or procurement of the curriculum and the equipping of the youth leadership team.
- Responsible for the main teaching times for youth, Sunday morning Sunday school and midweek Bible Studies.
- Responsible to maintain a regular contact with all of our youth.
- Responsible to plan, give oversight and/or coordinate all youth events. Such activities may include: fellowship times, retreats, outreaches, and the like.
- Expected to reach out to youth outside the church.
- Expected to attend, and encourage our youth to attend special events of the church-wide nature, which may include missions presentations, family picnics, and the like.
- Expected to encourage our youth to consider Bible school training at various evangelical schools as the Lord may lead individuals.
- Expected to encourage and be supportive of camp ministries that may involve our youth.
- Expected to give counsel and oversight with young people involved in short-term missions.
- Responsible to develop a meaningful, regular interface with parents of youth, and to seek counsel and input from the families concerning youth ministry.
- Develop an annual ministry plan and appropriate objectives for the upcoming year to be approved by the Lead Pastor, who shall communicate the plan to the elders.
- Encourage service in local ministries.
- Available to counsel youth and/or their parents.
- Available to be called upon for other occasional pastoral duties (visitation, funerals etc.)
- He must meet the biblical character qualifications for church leadership (1 Tim. 3:1-8; Tit 1:5-9).
- He must be compatible with the doctrinal statement, practices and family of Fairview.
- He must possess the appropriate ministry training, education, skill set and experience to be the Associate Pastor of Youth Ministries at Fairview.
- Be committed to ongoing ministry development.
- Be a person who studies Scripture.
- The working conditions will comply with the Employment Standards Act of Ontario.
- Reports directly to the Lead Pastor for mentorship and accountability.
- Salary package will be reviewed annually by the Lead Pastor and the board of Elders.
- An appropriate expense account will be made available to enable him to carry out his responsibilities.
- Funds will be provided for ministry development.
- Absence from Sunday services, beyond holidays, will be permitted up to three (3) times per year.
- Other ministry opportunities must be approved by the Lead Pastor.
- 40 hours per week; in addition to any volunteer hours in Fairview’s ministry. Fairview’s Commitment to the Associate Pastor of Youth Ministries:
- Salary to be determined based on skill and experience of the candidate
- Health benefits
- Matching RRSP contributions
- Paid vacation established by the Lead Pastor and the board of Elders
- To pray for and support you in your ministry role.
- To be fellow team members who encourage you, and hold you accountable to God, your family, and your ministry responsibilities.
- To encourage you to grow and develop your gifts, and your relationship with God.
- To assist you in your areas of service with counsel, physical presence and ministry whenever needed.
- To provide the necessary resources and budget for you to accomplish the various objectives of this ministry.
- Participation in outside organizations and educational pursuits will be approved by the Lead Pastor.
- To regularly assess the growth needs of this position, in order to protect you from personal ‘overinvestment’ in this position. Resumes should be sent to John at firstname.lastname@example.org