|Date Posted||November 1, 2023|
Associate Pastor (Youth focus)
Emmanuel Baptist Church Chatham (EBCC)
The Associate Pastor (Youth focus) will work alongside the Lead Pastor in providing shepherding and care for the church. This person will be charged with several key roles:
This person will be an active leader in the office and on Sundays. This person will be excited and passionate about being a key part of leading toward God’s plan for EBCC.
This person will:
- Teach, disciple, and minister to the youth and students of Emmanuel.
- Provide oversight to the variety of events and programs Emmanuel offers for students and develop a ministry to young adult/college students.
- Mentor youth in using their gifts and abilities to serve God, his church, and the world.
- Assist parents with spiritual and practical resources.
- Cultivate a welcoming, safe, and fun environment in Student Ministries
- Recruit, equip, encourage, resource, and celebrate volunteers.
- Be deliberate in serving as part of a team that works together to “build up the body of Christ.”
Additional Pastoral Ministry Duties:
- Contribute to decisions on the content of the preaching ministry and be a regular part of the preaching rotation (minimum of 6 Sundays per year).
- Contribute to additional pastoral ministries where gifts, interests, and church needs coincide, as determined by the Lead Pastor (examples: teaching, visitation, outreach).
- Perform other pastoral and associate duties as needed and directed by the Lead Pastor.
- Serve on church leadership boards as needed.
The candidate must have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing, personal relationship with Him. He is to be a man of God who has ordered his life in compliance with the teaching of Scripture and the example of our Lord. He is to be an example to the believers in personal godliness (I Timothy 4:12) and to exemplify God’s requirements for a pastor, which includes maintaining a proper Christian home (I Timothy 3:1- 7).
This person will be above reproach on issues related to character. (1 Timothy 3:2). He is to:
- Be a person of prayer.
- Be a servant leader.
- Be a gifted teacher of God’s word.
- Demonstrate an intimate connection with God and a desire and hunger for more of God's Spirit to flow through to others.
- Have the ability to hear God and respond to His ways rather than our own.
- Be intentional and passionate about connecting churched and unchurched people to Jesus.
- Demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit, which will show the highest levels of integrity.
- Be a self-starter with drive, passion and initiative.
- Be teachable, willing to be held accountable and possess a strong desire for feedback and constructive ideas to grow.
This person will be a part of and work within a collaborative team ministry. They will help to foster a spirit of unity within the staff and church. Other responsibilities will arise, such as
preaching, attending community/church functions, leadership and/or participation at events outside of the job description. As such, this person will need to embrace the 'team ' and do their part to help further the church's entire ministry. This position reports to the Lead Pastor of EBCC.
- Has a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing relationship with Him.
- Fully aligns with the doctrine of the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada.
- Has a solid theological foundation (Preferably formal training).
- Holds a prayer-centred and Spirit-led ministry posture.
- Has strong leadership and interpersonal skills - a team player
- Has experience working with youth and young adults.
- Experience with sound tech is an asset.
- Gifting and experience in leading worship is an asset.
This role requires not less than 40 hours per week in an agreed-upon schedule (with understood flexibility) that includes office times, events, and evening responsibilities.
To apply: Send your cover letter and resume to Jon Killoran (firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 30, 2023.