|Location||13504 142 Street, Edmonton, Canada|
|Date Posted||February 4, 2021|
Business Banking Manager – Christian Credit Union
An Executive Search conducted by Nelson/Kraft on behalf of Christian Credit Union
WHO WE ARE
Christian Credit Union is a financial services organization that encourages biblical stewardship with service and advice from a team of professionals, modern banking technology, and a comprehensive range of products to meet member needs. They are principled and benefit members with low fees, great rates, and profit-sharing. They redirect a portion of their profits to support Christian organizations and provide resources to make a difference in the world while advancing the gospel of Jesus Christ.
With branch locations in Edmonton and Lethbridge, they feel blessed to have 40 staff who serve about 7,400 members across Alberta, holding approximately $250 million in assets and committing over $41 million in loans and donations to charitable organizations in the Christian community. Their membership includes anyone who agrees with their Basis and Purpose and the Statement of Faith including businesses, societies and organizations.
We encourage people to be faithful stewards of the financial resources God has given to them.
- The object of the Credit Union shall be the promotion of cooperative enterprise in the Christian community, for the purpose of providing financial services at equitable rates and providing mutual aid as a concrete expression of our God-given obligation to love our neighbor.
- We believe that, as God’s faithful stewards, we must use the wealth He has given for the building and coming of His kingdom in Jesus Christ.
The Business Banking Manager is a key member of the Business Banking team and is critical to the projected growth of the organization. The Business Banking Manager reports to the Director, Member Experience and is responsible for business development and relationship management for commercial or agricultural accounts with complex banking needs. This position has lending limits and manages a portfolio of complex accounts. This position is differentiated from typical Business Banking Advisors in terms of experience, complexity, business development focus and size of accounts; deals could be syndicated and there is no cap on size of lending need. The business banking portfolio represents 42.54% of Christian Credit Union’s total loan holdings and this role typically deals with clients from Not for Profit/Charitable organizations. The Business Banking Manager is also the subject matter expert for business banking, acting as a resource and providing guidance, support and mentoring to others involved in business lending.
- Manages a complex portfolio of strategic commercial and agricultural enterprise accounts with complex multi-million $ lending needs typically ranging between$1M - $20M; analyzes financial and personal net worth statements; calculates debt servicing capacity; and negotiates terms and conditions of loan.
- Grants commercial or agricultural loans, mortgages and operating lines of credit for business purposes within lending limits; and makes recommendations for applications outside of their limits, through sound and consistent analysis and underwriting practices, submitting recommendations to credit committee for review and approval.
- Conducts the annual review of the risk and profitability of member relationships; monitors problem accounts and develops plans to minimize risk.
- Provides leadership and guidance to Business Banking team on structuring and negotiation of complex banking needs, relationship management, business development and administrative matters. Acts as primary resource/subject matter expert for the business banking team,
- Reviews underwriting/adjudication on commercial credit applications by other Business Banking Advisors that exceed their discretionary limits and approves within authorized limits.
- Builds relationships and participate in business development activities with existing clients, and networks with external business organizations and individuals to generate referrals.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to promote other business services and non-credit products; reviews current portfolio to ensure clients have proper banking products.
- Conducts compliance reviews and follow up to ensure overall regulatory compliance of business loans in accordance with sound business practice, legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Monitors and assesses status of accounts within their portfolio; follows up on assigned delinquent accounts; verifies the reason for delinquency and provides advice and assistance to members on options to mitigate loss and to resolve the delinquency.
- Identifies problem accounts and appropriate steps to be taken in accordance with established collection policies, procedures and time frames; recommends action on all accounts requiring repossession or foreclosure actions to manager for their review and approval.
- Leads regular sales pipeline meetings and team huddles; coaches other Advisors on spotting opportunities, understands the workload of others, assists with prioritizing team activities, and ensures member needs are being fulfilled in a competent and timely manner.
- Coaches and leads the Business Banking Advisor team. Conducts regular focused coaching sessions contributing to the growth and development of team proficiency in relationship management, loan structuring and the adjudication of complex commercial and agricultural loans. Responsible for completing annual performance reviews for the Business Banking Advisors.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree with preference given to a B.Commerce or B.Science in Agriculture.
- 7 – 10 years Business experience with exposure to the non-profit sector preferred.
- 3 – 5 years business development experience in a senior role.
- Commercial lending experience including minimum of 2 years syndicated lending preferred.
- 1 - 3 years leadership experience in a finance environment is an asset.
- Professional designation (CPA/CFP/lawyer) considered an asset.
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES
- Expert knowledge of the business practices, legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- People-smart with strong coaching and mentoring skills. Flexible and able to lead self and support others through a constantly changing environment.
- Solutions orientated with strong attention to detail, strong analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Branches are located in Edmonton and Lethbridge and occasional travel is required.
Location: Edmonton, AB
Application Deadline: February 26, 2021
Start Date: TBD
To start a confidential inquiry or to apply, please contact Larry Nelson at email@example.com
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.