|Date Posted||March 13, 2020|
Position: Cafeteria and Food Services Assistant
Reports to: Manager Cafeteria and Food Services
Date: March 2020
Approvals: VP Operations & Human Resources
Job Close Date: Open until filled
Reporting to the Manager Cafeteria and Food Services, the Cafeteria and Food Services Assistant is responsible to help prepare food, clean, restock supplies, and assist as needed for the day to day operations of the cafeteria. The Cafeteria and Food Services Assistant will adhere to all legislative food safety regulations and provide excellence in customer service. Additionally, the Cafeteria and Food Services Assistant will be expected to assist in the delivery of food services for all conferencing food service requirements, particularly in the summer (May 1 – Aug 31). As such, the Cafeteria and Food Services Assistant, will be certified in food safety and be capable of operating the Cafeteria and Kitchen in the absence of the Cafeteria Manager. This is a school year full time staff position that will support the food service at Heritage with Cafeteria and Kitchen Assistance by being the assistant to the Cafeteria Manager. This position entails food prep, cleaning, proper food handling and storage, ordering, customer service, and general hospitality requirements/needs.
- Assist the Cafeteria Manager in all aspects of running the food service,
- Clean Cafeteria and Kitchen to food safety and Heritage standards,
- Prepare/cook food for meal service of up to 150 people,
- Provide professional hospitality support for all conference guests,
- Work collaboratively with other Heritage/Cafeteria personnel to accomplish tasks in given timelines,
- Lead or assist in cafeteria and conferencing events,
- Respond to guest requests re conferencing needs,
- Lead and assign work teams for task completion,
- Work closely with Cafeteria Manager,
- Carries out other projects as assigned
- Uses and follows standardized recipes in preparation of all foods.
- Prepares and serves all food according to instructions/requirements.
- Adherers to all Food Safety policies and food handling procedures.
- Maintain high standards of quality of food and service to ensure that we meet or exceed the Ministry of Health requirements.
- Stores all food properly.
- Assists in the preparation of the cafeteria service line and serves at the counter.
- Operate the Cafeteria and Kitchen in the absence of Cafeteria Manager.
- Must be a born-again Christian
- Excellent organizational, planning, self-motivation, accountability, and evaluation skills are essential
- Aptitude for cooking and kitchen work
- Experience in cooking/catering - teachable
- Affinity and enthusiastic commitment to the mission of Heritage required
- Able to work irregular hours, some evenings and occasional weekend
- Be a team player
- Deliver excellence in customer service.
Vice President – Operations & Human Resources
Heritage College & Seminary
175 Holiday Inn Drive
Cambridge, ON N3C 3T2