|Location||800 Juliana Dr. Woodstock,ON, Woodstock, Canada|
|Date Posted||January 24, 2023|
VISTO Performing Arts Camp will allow students to engage in weekly camp experiences.
Camp Counsellors will be passionate about their faith, each other and eager to make a difference in young people. Comprehensive VISTO training will allow everyone the opportunity to learn more about themselves and the world around them while growing individually and as a team. Through this leadership opportunity with small groups of young people ages 8-16 years, Camp Counsellors will facilitate conversations and learning about character and faith. Counsellors will create dynamic experiences and participate in high energy activities to engage and encourage everyone. Participation in rehearsals and activities is required. This role requires enthusiasm, stamina and a willingness to grow in faith and leadership.
WHO WE ARE
K2K Productions has existed for 18 years as a weekly theatre arts program for students in grades 2-12. Students in each K2K Company experience small groups and mentoring, coaching in singing, dancing, and acting and preparing for a full-scale musical. We desire that every student will find a place to belong, a place to fit in and their purpose.
VISTO Performing Arts Camp is launching Summer 2023 to support the needs and interests of students in our program while offering weekly performances and engagement opportunities for families and the community.
We are committed to providing a safe, inclusive, and welcoming environment for young people to grow in faith and develop skills no matter their experiences or background.
WHO YOU ARE
- An energetic individual age 15 to 30 years
- Interest in supporting youth and the performing arts
- Someone with a genuine passion for following Jesus and growing as a leader and in faith
- Patient, fun-loving, and confident in your ability to motivate and assist campers in their day-to-day program
- A team player while carrying a high-level of responsibility and accountability
- Confident with students in grades 3-10 while caring for each one individually, facilitating face-to-face conversations and helping them grow through music, dance and activities
- Possess strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrate responsible, ethical, and professional conduct
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Work collaboratively with other leaders to create daily challenges and impactful skits
- Participate and encourage students during rehearsals and engage in all activities
- Facilitate face-to-face conversations with students that model’s wisdom, discretion, and grace
- Supervise campers to ensure safety, at all times
- Motivate others towards learning new skills and being the best version of themselves
- Problem-solve situations and circumstances with team members
- Stamina to engage in high-energy days
- Demonstrate emotional maturity, a positive attitude, thoughtfulness, and stability
- Clean, maintain and ensure proper use of camp facilities and equipment
- Memorize all emergency procedures, abide by, and enforce camp rules
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of each day while supporting others to do the same
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- A fun work environment and culture working with students
- A community enriched summer experience working with like-minded people
- Daytime work hours
- Hours will vary slightly with different start & end times, within 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Civic Holiday and weekends off – except Saturday August 26
- A full-time, 8-week contract position that will allow you to grow in leadership, creativity, community, and faith
- Two weeks of Orientation & Leadership Training which will provide insight, personal growth, and build confidence prior to camp weeks
- Orientation & Training will include team building, spiritual gifts, leadership, discipleship, child development, safety and training, and suicide prevention training
- Inspiration, prayer and motivation from leaders surrounding this ministry who are deeply invested in students and their success (mentally, emotionally and spiritually)
- Work collaboratively with a team of 10 or more
- Camp Counsellors report to VISTO Camp Director
- Casual, modest dress including Camp shirts to be worn daily
- Some VISTO merchandise at no-cost for camp use
- Discounted merchandise, if desired
- Possibility of billeting in family home for 8-weeks
APPLY Before Feb 18, 2023 at https://www.vistocamp.ca/summerjobs.