|Location||3852 The Grange Sideroad, Caledon, Canada|
|Date Posted||March 25, 2021|
Position: Camp Head Cook
Status: Seasonal Full Time
Starting Date: Mid June-End of August
Work Location: Caledon Camp
The Camp Head Cook will report directly to the Camp Director. The Head Cook will ensure adequate provision of food for all campers and staff during the regular camp sessions. The Head cook is responsible in effectively managing all kitchen staff to ensure effectively operation. This entails preparing 3 meals for up to 150 people daily and managing 6 kitchen staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meal preparation: The Menu will be prepared prior to the start of the camp session and the required food and equipment will be in place by the start of the session. The supplies will be regularly monitored and ordered to ensure adequate provision of food for the entire camp population.
- Ordering: Each order will be placed in conjunction with the Camp Director
- Food Preparation: All work in the kitchen will be conducted in accordance with the guidelines supplied by the local communities department of health
- Kitchen Maintenance: Regular maintenance of the kitchen area and equipment including all counter, fridges, freezers, stoves, ovens, equipment, and pantry areas.
- Staff Supervision: Cooking and Kitchen Assistant will be regularly supervised by the Head Cook to ensure that all responsibilities are being carried out in accordance with expectations and health regulations.
- Staff Evaluations: Cooking and Kitchen Assistant will be evaluated twice throughout the summer by the Head Cook, given constructive feedback based on their performance in the kitchen and within the team setting.
- Staff Supervision: Cooking and Kitchen Assistants will be regularly monitored by the Head Cook to ensure that all responsibilities are being carried out in accordance with expectations and health regulations.
- Staff Spiritual Encouragement: The Head Cook will provide spiritual encouragement to the Kitchen Staff Team by helping to lead devotions, prayer, and discussions times
- Health & Safety: Responsible in ensuring the Kitchen Team adhere all Ontario Health & Safety standards and guidelines
Required Experience and Education:
- Food Handler’s certification, proven cooking skills
- Current Health & Safety training and certificate
- Previous camp cooking and food preparation experience or experience in large scale cooking
- A leader and team player, ability to lead, motivate, supervise, encourage and correct staff
- Ability to work under pressure and a fast-pace camp setting environment
- Highly organized and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Mental and physical stamina to sustain the demands of a residential camp setting
A combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the responsibilities of this position may be considered in lieu of stated education and experience requirements.
Interested applicants are invited to apply online: https://www.scottmissioncamp.com/staff
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check and satisfactory reference.