Camp (Inclusion) Coordinator
|Location||4898 16th Avenue, Markham, Canada|
|Date Posted||February 1, 2023|
Denomination: Christian and Missionary Alliance Church Size: 350+ Job Type: Summer Position Position Status: Full Time, Summer Potential Start Date: May 15, 2023 Potential Duration: 16 weeks Department: Children’s Ministry Reports to: Children’s Pastor
Last summer, we had 400 campers join us for Power Up! Camps. The Camp (Inclusion) Coordinator will support the inclusion of all campers of all abilities.
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- As a team, collaborate with camp staff and Pastor of Children’s Ministries to plan activities for camp, volunteer onboarding and more with a focus on inclusion and accessibility
- Revise and adapt curriculum to promote inclusion of children with disabilities, children who are neurodivergent, children who have behavioral concerns/challenges
- Complete onboarding calls with these families
- Assist in Sunday morning programming as needed
- Address disagreements between camp, staff, volunteers and between children if applicable
- Ensure children are engaged, actively get to know the children and leaders
- Implement accommodations for campers needing accessibility, providing one-on-one support if needed
- Take initiative to complete tasks & think ahead of schedule in case of emergencies &/or changes
- Be an example for all camp staff and volunteers in terms of having a passion for serving & leadership abilities
- Assist in debriefs; gather feedback to help improve camp; implement changes for the next camp and communicate with leaders, with a focus on inclusion
- Assist in camp clean-up/set up for next camp
- Personal & professional development: Create & implement an individual development plan (IDP) targeting areas of growth
- Perform related duties or special projects as assigned
- Complete a brief weekly reflection regarding experience, tasks, and self-improvement
- Mandatory abuse prevention training
Skills & Qualities
- A strong understanding of our church’s mission and purpose for camps.
- Must be independent, energetic, self-motivated, and flexible.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience in inclusion for children/youth programs and activities.
- Ability to think strategically, to execute the envisioned projects and plans effectively.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with strong attention to detail.
- To be a fully devoted follower of Christ, living with character and integrity.
- Fully aligned with the mission, vision, and values of Unionville Alliance Church
- Is a team player and acts as a positive role model for children, youth, and fellow staff.
- Strong oral and written English communication.
- Organized, punctual, responsible, takes initiative and reliable.
Applicants must be 15-30 years old. Position is contingent upon obtaining the Canada Summer Job Grant.
Submit your applications at uachome.org/careers.