|Date Posted||February 11, 2021|
Position: Camp Maintenance Assistant
Work Location: 3852 The Grange Sideroad, Caledon Start Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide assistance to the Maintenance Coordinator in maintaining the high standard of hospitality and effectiveness of the property and facilities, as a place meant to minister the hearts, minds, bodies, and souls of campers, guests and staff.
· Welcome and host weekend rental groups and be on call to support them as needs arise
· Assist in maintaining the camp property according to annual work plans and schedules, under the direction of the Maintenance Coordinator and Directors
· Assist in leading volunteer groups who come on property to serve at the camp
· Assist in providing supervision to summer maintenance staff in their cleaning, and facilities/property maintenance tasks.
· Perform basic emergency repairs as needed and directed
· Perform regular cleaning and sanitation of various buildings on camp property, preventative maintenance, and health and safety work orders
· Maintain the property throughout the year whether by grass cutting, trail maintenance, road maintenance, snow removal etc.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment in maintenance area workshops, garages and camp wide storage areas.
· Assist in maintaining and monitoring septic, water, fire, electrical, chemical and propane systems and supplies
· Operate a variety of manual and motorized equipment
· Perform Swimming Pool Maintenance in the summer months – daily cleaning, chemical testing
· Assist in conducting weekly water testing as per regulation 170, including daily grab samples and monthly lab samples
· Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, receive instructions and complete tasks as directed
· Some Skill in various trades like plumbing, carpentry, mechanics and construction as well as in hospitality and janitorial tasks
· Necessary physical strength to complete maintenance tasks and repairs i.e. safely lift and carry up to 50 pounds
· Desire and ability to interact and work in a camp community
· Ability to assist in giving guidance to a small team of staff during the summer months
· Familiarity with computerized applications such as Excel, Word, Email etc
· Proven ability to maintain absolute confidentiality regarding campers, as well as personal and professional integrity in matters of relationship, programs and work ethic
· Team experience that creates and maintains a positive environment with fellow colleagues
· Comfortable with flexibility in daily, weekly and seasonal routines; including regular evening and weekend work
· Comfortable in a work environment that is frequently outdoors with exposure to varying temperatures
· Committed to safety, integrity and reliability
· A high degree of initiative, self-motivation, trouble shooting skills, and attention to detail
· Good written and oral communication skills and the ability to develop solid internal and external relationships
· Able to execute maintenance assignments in an efficient and timely manner.
· Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Health policies and practices is required
· Must possess a valid Province of Ontario Class "G" Driver's License. Ability to operate all camp-owned vehicles
· Be willing to receive additional training for Pool Maintenance and Working at Heights and other certifications as needed (all necessary training will be provided)
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume with cover letter to: email@example.com
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please. For more information about The Scott Mission, please visit www.ScottMission.com.
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check and satisfactory reference