Camp Maintenance Worker, Building
|Date Posted||February 1, 2023|
Denomination: Christian and Missionary Alliance Church Size: 350+ Job Type: Summer Position Position Status: Full Time, Summer Potential Start Date: May 15, 2023 Potential Duration: 8-9 weeks Department: Children’s Ministry Reports to: Children’s Pastor
Last summer, we had 400 campers join us for Power Up! Camps. The Camp Maintenance Worker will support the camp by maintaining safe and clean facilities, in addition to leading a service project.
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Clean, sanitize and restock supplies
- Dusting and sanitizing surfaces
- Cleaning of all windows and doors
- Vacuuming, sweeping and mopping floors
- Garbage and recycle collection and removal (inside and outside)
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and to prepare facilities for events such as meetings and services
- Performs minor repairs on furniture, buildings, and equipment
- Perform seasonal tasks such as watering gardens, trimming hedges, sidewalk snow removal and salting
- Perform small handyman jobs like drywall patch work, painting and minor repairs
- Maintain cleanliness of the building and grounds in all respects
- Perform related duties as required for the daily operations of the church
- Maintenance of Logs and File
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties
- Actively participate in continuous improvement and problem-solving initiatives
- Carry out routine building and grounds maintenance and inspection procedures
- Escalate any custodial, maintenance and/or safety issues to Supervisor
- Follow assigned cleaning schedules to maintain expected standards of cleanliness
- Follow church practices, procedures in relation to attendance, health and safety
- During camps, collaborate with camp team in leading the service project initiatives
- Co-operates with staff and volunteers to assist in creating positive working relationships
- Personal & professional development: Create & implement an individual development plan (IDP) targeting areas of growth
- Collaborate with Maintenance Supervisor on related duties or special projects as assigned
- Complete a brief weekly reflection regarding experience, tasks and self-improvement
- Mandatory abuse prevention training
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualities
- A strong understanding of our church’s mission and purpose for camps.
- Must be independent, energetic, self-motivated, and flexible.
- Experience in maintenance preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with strong attention to detail.
- To be a fully devoted follower of Christ, living with character and integrity.
- Fully aligned with the mission, vision, and values of Unionville Alliance Church
- Is a team player and acts as a positive role model for children, youth, and fellow staff.
- Strong oral and written English communication.
- Organized, punctual, responsible, takes initiative and reliable.
Applicants must be 15-30 years old. Position is contingent upon obtaining the Canada Summer Job Grant.
Submit your applications at uachome.org/careers.