|Location||3852 The Grange Sideroad Caledon, Caledon, Canada|
|Date Posted||March 24, 2021|
Position: Camp Nurse
Status: Seasonal Full Time
Starting Date: Mid June to End of August
Work Location: Caledon Camp
The Camp Nurse is responsible in providing oversight for health care needs for all campers and camp staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Campers: The nurse is responsible for having a reasonable knowledge of the condition of each camper at any given time. The nurse will administer routine and emergency nursing care to campers as needed
- Camper Assessment: The nurse is responsible for conducting on site examinations of each camper to certify general health, verification of information on medical forms
- Dispensing of Medication: Upon arrival of each camper and staff member, the nurse will take custody of any medication. She/he will then be responsible for the dispersing of any scheduled/prescribed medication in accordance with each camper/staff prescribed needs.
- Infirmary: The nurse will be responsible for the professional and efficient operation, supervision, and organization of the Nurse Station. This station will serve as an infirmary for any camper or staff who require short-term nursing
- Service Responsibilities: The Nurse is responsible to keep the Camp Director informed of health, safety, and sanitation issues for the entire camp. The incumbent will also be required to advise of any concerns in relation to campers and staff, including suspicions of abuse, or other critical issues
- Communicate with parents/guardians regarding campers health issues
- Be on call 24 hours and be available and accessible for any medical needs and consultations
Required Experience and Education:
- Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse license, or upper year Nursing Student
- Ability to work with children and supervise peers
- Good organizational and supervision skills
- Abilityto give emergency and routine care with confidence
- Understands emotional, psychological, physiologicaland spiritual needs and issues related tochildren and youth
- Absolute confidentiality regarding campers, informing others on a need-to-know basis
- Personal and professional integrity in matters of relationship, programs and work ethic
A combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the responsibilities of this position may be considered in lieu of stated education and experience requirements.
Interested applicants are invited to apply online: https://www.scottmissioncamp.com/staff
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check and satisfactory reference.