|Location||South-Central Etobicoke, Canada|
|Date Posted||December 3, 2021|
Are you passionate about seeing youth experience wholeness and transformation? Our South-Central Etobicoke Youth Outreach Team, part of Youth Unlimited (TYFC) is hiring a Jiu Jitsu Program Coordinator.
South-Central Etobicoke (SCE) Youth Outreaches exist to bring transformation to youth (ages 6-25) and to see them become a redemptive presence in our community. We do this by offering weekly programming and one-to-one mentorship with youth. Our current Central Etobicoke programs include Capstone Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Level Up Youth Leadership course. In South Etobicoke, our programs are the Lakeshore Soccer League, Lakeshore Youth Leadership course, and a Friday night soccer drop-in. In addition to these, we have a partnership with Camp Widjiitiwin (Muskoka) where we bring kids from all of these programs to the camp for a week in the summer.
The Capstone Jiu Jitsu Program Coordinator will work alongside the existing SC Etobicoke team to plan and oversee the Capstone Jiu Jitsu program.
- Wholistically caring for youth and their families in our programs, and in the community at large
- Overseeing the program registration process
- Working alongside the existing Head Coach, recruiting and directing a team of volunteer coaches and support personnel
- Scheduling the specifics of the program events and volunteer support
- Ordering program resources and equipment
- Coordinating tournament participation
- Planning and implementing devotional curriculum for the program
- Coordinating with community partners to effectively run and resource the program
- Taking action to deal with incidents and parent concerns as outlined in the
- Youth Unlimited policies and procedures.
- Participating in staff meetings and completing training sessions.
- Care for the personal and spiritual well-being of volunteers
- 2+ years’ related experience in a similar leadership role
- Excellent administrative skills
- Strong personal spiritual vitality
- Active participation in a local church body
- Confidence in relational ministry
- blue belt or higher in Brazillian Jiu Jitsu
The salary of this staff position is determined on a scale based on education and experience and is 100% funded on a missionary basis – requiring the successful applicant to fundraise and gather a personal support team.
Please submit both a resume and cover letter.
Your resumé should note (1) your employment experience; (2) your ministry experience, whether volunteer or paid; and (3) any relevant certification.
Your cover letter should include a description of (a) How you would integrate your faith with this role, (b) your heart for youth and (c) any experience you have working with youth. (Each response should be 150 - 200 words)
If you have any further questions, please contact Elim at email@example.com or (416) 383-1477. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.