|Date Posted||December 13, 2022|
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
YSM is seeking a Care Management Specialist who will be responsible to work with adults that are experiencing poverty facing barriers, that threaten stability and employability. Our goal is to support individuals in their journey towards stability, purpose and employment.
Reporting directly to the Director of Community Support Services (CSS), the successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Work with chronically poor adults, to address multiple barriers that threaten their stability. This will be done through a holistic care management approach that utilizes our RISE Model (Respond, Invite, Support, Engage), to provide a wrap-around system of support through internal and external partnerships, to ensure that adults move from crisis to stability and out of poverty
- Establish and strengthen relationships with external agencies, creating a pathway for new clients to enter YSM Care Management
- Embrace and demonstrate a strengths perspective and trauma informed approach, as well as fostering an inclusive space
- Accompany adults to appointments, case conferences, and any other related appointments when applicable. Provide system navigation support and advocacy as required
- Manage a caseload of up to 30 adults and provide back up to peers when needed
- Develop and deliver courses and workshops that are relevant to building capacity for adults to be successful
- Support the delivery of Community Support Services (Bridges) low barrier events
- Document activities and outcomes through case notes, action plans, and touchpoints, using our TIMES measurement system
The successful candidate will have the following skills and training:
- MSW/BSW/MA or equivalent certifications with minimum 3 years of experience
- Able to work with diverse people groups within a multi-faith, multicultural, anti oppressive framework
- Able to make analytical decisions around case management and program delivery
- A demonstrated passion for poverty alleviation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capable of traveling around the city to assist with appointments
- Strong attention to detail, administrative and computer skills
- Experience preparing, delivering and facilitating workshops
- Solid team player and able to independently
- Demonstrated commitment to YSM’s Mission, Biblical Foundations, and Core Values
- Ability to work 1-2 evenings per/week
- A police check will be required
- First Aid & CPI training is an asset
Deadline for Application: January 10, 2023
Starting Date: January 2023
Link to Application: https://ysm.bamboohr.com/careers/169
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: December 13, 2022